JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$900
Manufacturer
Marlin
Caliber
45-70
City
Hillsboro
State
Oregon
Zip Code
Have a pretty nice condition 45/70 up for grabs. 22" barrel version. And yes yes yes This one is a JM stamped model. Serial puts it at 1998 vintage.

900 cash

Not looking for any trades

Transfer to be done at Cut Above Pawn and 25.00 on the buyer

1BD5AEC0-8DA6-4B83-9AF9-5C968905DB7E.jpeg 3354A667-DC0B-4B2B-9D37-FBADEBCC2EAF.jpeg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Has the crossbar safety so should be microgroove
I don't believe the crossbolt safety has anything to do with what kind of rifling was used. I have a 2007 jm 45-70 with the crossbolt safety and it has ballard rifling. That being said, my research showed Marlin did not start using ballard rifling again in the 45-70 until the 2000 model year. Also it is my understanding some limited edition models of all model years could have ballard rifling.

Last Edited:
Fair enough I've had older marlins that were Ballard but all the more modern JMs I've seen that were cross bolt saftey were micro groove so I made the assumption that by the time they introduced the saftey they had switched over to microgroove. I'll have to do some more research. Thank you for the heads up

I thought 1895SS stood for stainless steel this one looks blue in the pictures
The Model 1895S was introduced in 1981.
Marlin added the cross bolt safety to all models in 1984. Additional "S" was added to the model designation.
The 1895S became the 1895SS.
This gun is the Model 1895 Sporter that had the pistol grip stock and Quick Detachable sling swivels from the factory. This rifle is the later gun with the cross bolt safety, made after 1984. Subtract the first two digits of the serial number from 100 for year of manufacture.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.