JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$890
Manufacturer
Marlin
Caliber
45-70
City
Bothell
State
Washington
Zip Code
Sale Pending as of 11/25

This is one Firearm in a sizeable collection available due to an inheritance from a family member earlier this year. We are looking to sell the firearms and accessories and are not looking for trades. Thank you for not making trade offers. My father was a collector and but had not been shooting in many years but kept his firearms in great shape. We are in the Mill Creek/Bothell area and are flexible as to which FFL dealer you wish to transfer ownership of the Firearms at.

The buyer pays background check and transfer fees or any shipping costs.

Please message me if you have any questions.

Thanks and have a great day!

1602036853611.png

1602108365719.jpeg CF3E853B-CFB0-42BF-997F-A434DFB46D53.jpeg AF043D34-F8A6-402F-B8CA-8F120D5DAC7E.jpeg 23D73C2E-FD5E-46B0-AC44-A2C1241787CF.jpeg 1FAB6F6F-B531-46D6-B43B-2BB8A173E96D.jpeg E06F97BC-A00A-4CF4-9228-43E8181BA015.jpeg A0D62AD9-81B1-4327-A99E-C55E7194F112.jpeg 2887DC12-2CDC-4C20-B493-AB6D03FAB9AB.jpeg B6A9D929-EA52-407F-B3F7-72350D6E43E3.jpeg 94312B21-4A3D-4B33-8236-1A081EE032C7.jpeg C6279653-05EF-49F5-B13E-8C3542BEB6EA.jpeg 7E2D9B0C-5958-4BBE-9502-7478CBB95C0A.jpeg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
The first question is do you know Firearms? Sometimes sellers you don't know Firearms believe astronomical prices asked on gunbroker and other sites are actual selling price. On the other Hand you can honor the generosity of the the the person by getting a fair price for your inheritance.
Look on gunbroker for items that are actually bid on and realize that thousands of people see those and when you come to NW Firearms you have plenty of people but not the same exposure. To to sell locally you are slightly more accommodating.

The first question is do you know Firearms? Sometimes sellers you don't know Firearms believe astronomical prices asked on gunbroker and other sites are actual selling price. On the other Hand you can honor the generosity of the the the person by getting a fair price for your inheritance.
Look on gunbroker for items that are actually bid on and realize that thousands of people see those and when you come to NW Firearms you have plenty of people but not the same exposure. To to sell locally you are slightly more accommodating.
Good afternoon, First of all thanks for the feedback. It was actually my mother who acquired all of the firearms and I am attempting to support am her not myself. I personally have some but would not consider myself an expert or collector by any means. Much of the collection I had to look up in an attempt to determine a price on multiple websites riverofguns,gunbroker are a couple. I am under no illusion that I will be correct on all but tried to get close based on what I saw. I fully expect to negotiate with people to reach a fair price. Is that not how it works here? This is my first time trying this. I am open to suggestions as the collection.

I am curious as to what you believe the value of this to be if I am way off base in my evaluation.

Thanks
Mike

Good afternoon, First of all thanks for the feedback. It was actually my mother who acquired all of the firearms and I am attempting to support am her not myself. I personally have some but would not consider myself an expert or collector by any means. Much of the collection I had to look up in an attempt to determine a price on multiple websites riverofguns,gunbroker are a couple. I am under no illusion that I will be correct on all but tried to get close based on what I saw. I fully expect to negotiate with people to reach a fair price. Is that not how it works here? This is my first time trying this. I am open to suggestions as the collection.

I am curious as to what you believe the value of this to be if I am way off base in my evaluation.

Thanks
Mike
Mike, pictures would be very helpful because we can't see what you were describing.
A list and images either as a group or individually and prices but negotiable would be a good place to start.

Mike, pictures would be very helpful because we can't see what you were describing.
A list and images either as a group or individually and prices but negotiable would be a good place to start.
Fair enough I was hoping to avoid taking tons of pictures of 100 plus firearms and provide more as they were requested. I am sure you are aware that this can be very time consuming but that is my issue.
A list of all of the firearms together as in an excel file? I was told that was not the best way to make it easy to find by the guy who started this site when I asked him about it. more pics, got it, and state prices are negotiable.
You never did say what you thought the value should be.

thanks for the advice!

Fair enough I was hoping to avoid taking tons of pictures of 100 plus firearms and provide more as they were requested. I am sure you are aware that this can be very time consuming but that is my issue.
A list of all of the firearms together as in an excel file? I was told that was not the best way to make it easy to find by the guy who started this site when I asked him about it. more pics, got it, and state prices are negotiable.
You never did say what you thought the value should be.

thanks for the advice!
There are better guys than me here that can help you determine the value but it's very hard to determining a value without seeing the object that the value is placed upon.
And yes your journey will be time consuming.

For this gun in particular everyone will want to see if there is a JM stamp on the left side of the barrel where it meets the receiver. Also would be helpful to ensure the gun is unloaded, then leave the action open with a piece of white paper folded to carry light into the back of the barrel (from a room light, flashlight, etc.) then get a picture of the bore from the front of the barrel.

For this gun in particular everyone will want to see if there is a JM stamp on the left side of the barrel where it meets the receiver. Also would be helpful to ensure the gun is unloaded, then leave the action open with a piece of white paper folded to carry light into the back of the barrel (from a room light, flashlight, etc.) then get a picture of the bore from the front of the barrel.
Perfect Thanks for the advice!

Updated Per your suggestions thank you very much

For the info, SS means "super sporter" on these marlin 1895 rifles, most of which have curved pistol grip stocks. I own several of these. Straight gripped models with square finger loops(lever) are standard 1895 models. Curved gripped and curved levers are known as the 1895 super sport models.

Michael,
First time I saw your post, hope you have had some luck helping your mother with this. I don't need any guns However, I'm always interested to see what is out there and there are a couple of things I would seriously consider changing the standard of my "need". It has been 6 weeks and you might not have anything left at this time. If so do you have a list?

Michael,
First time I saw your post, hope you have had some luck helping your mother with this. I don't need any guns However, I'm always interested to see what is out there and there are a couple of things I would seriously consider changing the standard of my "need". It has been 6 weeks and you might not have anything left at this time. If so do you have a list?
Good morning, send me your email and I will send one out to you.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.