JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I ordered three boxes of said and will do more so after confirming they work out. Looking forward to putting them through the system; though the next two weeks are going to be nuts, mainly business, but also pleasure too, based upon the incoming messages. :D

Thanks for the recommendation on the ammo. I shot up a box of said on the home range today. It ran very well suppressed. The sound of the projectile impacting the spinner was louder than the report, for example. It was also fun blasting metallic silhouettes. :)

Thanks for the recommendation on the ammo. I shot up a box of said on the home range today. It ran very well suppressed. The sound of the projectile impacting the spinner was louder than the report, for example. It was also fun blasting metallic silhouettes. :)
That stuff was serious quite.

I've enjoyed shooting sub .38 and 357 more than 9mm.

Partly, lol. I settled for a single shot. If that cures the itch, only time will tell.

If one pops up from the various "notify me when in stocks" I might divulge.

Shooting subsonic 38/357 is tons of fun. Especially the heavy bubblegum sub 357 handloads. Psstt........thump.

Looks like Grab-a-gun has them back in stock. Just thought I'd pass it along. Cheers. :)

Turns out my bank flagged my account due to some yahoo using my bank card info to buy a bunch of stuff.

I'm cardless so I have no means of buying it.

I burned up another box of Geco yesterday. Very quiet indeed. The sound of various steel (e.g., silhouettes, spinners, etc.) being hit was markedly more noisy. I think I will buy up a bunch tomorrow, because this setup seems to really like the ammo. :)

For those with a marlin, winchester, or rossi, Velzey does an amazing job threading the barrel and shortening the mag tube to allow clearance for the can. He did mine. Couldn't be happier. The trick to keeping things subsonic is to reload your own. Use the 158gr 38 plated or jacketed bullet and ladder down the load until you lose the sonic crack. The published data will be for pistols, so you need to figure a carbine will add 200fps to the equation.

Last Edited:
I bought a lightly used Chiappa "1892 Winchester" 20" octagon barreled lever action .357 Magnum and had it shipped directly to Velzey for him to cut down the barrel to 17" and thread it. He's also tapering it into a half octagon, half round special barrel for me, as I like the look and it makes it easier to fit a thread protector on it, plus it cuts down on the weight a bit.
I found an oversized 10/22 bull barreled 1/2x28 thread protector online and he's going to turn it down to match the barrel.
He said that the internals were really smooth and well made, so I'm happy about that and he's also installing a taller front sight.
I picked this up on Armslist from a gun store in Florence, OR. for less then half of what they normally sell for, as the original owner cut 2" off the butt stock and threw away the end piece and the steel butt plate.
Chiappa wants $200.00 for a replacement, so I decided to add a 2" piece of hard wood to the end of the butt stock and I'm making a custom leather butt sock to cover the repair.
The receiver has a cased hardened finish, so the bluing doesn't have to match the receiver, just the ammo tube.

Up until I tell the wife.

Usually rule is to sell before I buy new.

Kind of broke that one this time.

By the way Im selling off a few now!

Need a single shot to go with the lever?

Been there before. I find it easier to buy then sell. The Henry single shot you just posted is neat!

Enjoy the 1894 CST, I really like mine. Especially after a bit of slicking up the action, working on the loading gate and shortening the magazine tube spring, and putting a few hundred rounds through it. Lots of fun!

Enjoy the 1894 CST, I really like mine. Especially after a bit of slicking up the action, working on the loading gate and shortening the magazine tube spring, and putting a few hundred rounds through it. Lots of fun!

I've put through, roughly, 300 rounds through mine so far and really like it a lot. Though new, I'd likely say it is my favorite lever-gun.

And another 500 rounds of 158-grain came in this week. :D

special.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews