JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been doing detailed cleanings on all my guns this weekend. Got to the Mark III that I have never taken apart.

I looked it up on youtube and followed the directions as posted by ruger. After using my 'non marring punch' to remove the bolt stop pin. I proceeded to tilt the gun up and pull the trigger to remove the bolt.

Bolt came about about 1/3rd and stopped. Hmm. Must have done something wrong. Put the gun back together. Checked for function (everything worked fine), watched the video again and tried again. Same problem. Put the gun back together and function tested fine.

Searched for other Mark II/III video's and saw the procedure was the same. Tried again. Same problem. This time when I put the gun back together I now have the same problem assembled.

I can not pull the bolt back more than 1/3rd of the way. :angry:

I've tried with and without the mag. I've removed the grips to look for any obstruction. The safty will not move if that gives any clues.

Any tips before I call Ruger?

The problem you are now having is the little metal arm that needs to fall into palce as you close the the leaver on the back of the grip isn't where it should be. Banging the muzzle against a hard padded surface (carpeted floor) will knock the arm loose. This way you will be able to take the gun apart to where you had it.

Your original problem is most likely that the hammer is still in the way when you try to drop the bolt out. Try pushing it down before taking the bolt out.

Of the guns I own the Mark III is the worst to clean.

Hello KimberCustom.....It is important to follow the instructions completely. The barrel up part is important as that allows the "spur" to drop into a small indent ..

By far the most frustration handgun to dis-assemble and reassemble.

:woot::s0152:

I didn't follow the logic but I followed the directions and I have the bolt out now. Thank you.

The problem you are now having is the little metal arm that needs to fall into palce as you close the the leaver on the back of the grip isn't where it should be. Banging the muzzle against a hard padded surface (carpeted floor) will knock the arm loose. This way you will be able to take the gun apart to where you had it.

Your original problem is most likely that the hammer is still in the way when you try to drop the bolt out. Try pushing it down before taking the bolt out.

Of the guns I own the Mark III is the worst to clean.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top