JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The article dosen't go into a lot of detail , so not much can be said. However:
We all make mistakes and can be careless at times.
Unfortunately if you make a mistake or are careless with a gun you can kill someone or yourself.
Of course the same can be said of power tools , cars , household cleaners , etc ...
My point is always take that extra moment to make sure you are safely using whatever it is.

I wonder if the setting had some bearing on what happened?
It was a class , it was a "safe place" , I'm guessing that there was no stress or sense of urgency .
I'm not saying that safety rules do not apply in a class , but it might be easier to forget or assume some things in a class rather than if it was a different setting.

Be careful out there and always double check any gun you are handling.
Andy

It would be nice to get some details.
Like was it in the class portion or range time?
Did the guy shoot himself or someone else shoot him?

Either way someone had a lapse in common sense.

I feel bad the all involved. Things get so routine people stop paying attention. I don't know the circumstances but classes involving live fire need to be small.

Looks like they were practicing malfunction drills..... With live ammo!

Man shot was in A room next to the one they were practicing these moves in.

So that leads me to believe they lost common sense by not using dummy rounds.

Bad instructing by using live ammo! Yeah, yeah, rule number one, keep your finger off the bang switch, but these are noobs, some of them probably at least. Who here has seen a noob abide the four rules perfectly from zero? Nobody! They mess up, the instructor corrects, rinse and repeat until they get it. The stupidity here was using real ammo for non-range drills, and that's solely on the instructor.

Stupid does happen, especially with those new to guns! Same with any thing else that can be dangerous! I watched a neighbor cut her arm almost all the way off trying to use a chain saw and trying to use it in a way you just don't use one! She damn near lost that arm even after all the operations and infections! Sorry for the families involved

Limit High Capacity cargo containers.

You laugh now, but some years way back (1992) an Oregon legislator (don't remember the dolt's name) almost slammed into the back of a tractor hauling triple-trailers in a heavy fog bank. It scared the sheite out of that legislator and he declared triples were a highway menace, so he initiated a HUGE push to get triples banned in Oregon.

Like it was the fault of the tractor-trailer that he was driving too fast in a fog bank. :rolleyes:

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top