JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
True story time again! Several years ago I read an account of how a despondent US Navy, sailor placed a Colt .25 ACP muzzle to the side of his skull and let one go!
The slug made a turn and plowed around, over his head, mongoed his ear on the other side and damaged his jawbone a bit! It cut a furrow in the skull and didn't break the skin in its entire path!
He was ok after a little surgery on the ear and jaw! Of course he got a courts martial and was discharged unfavorably! You just can't shoot government property!
This story stuck with me because my buddy collected old Colt .25's!
His doctor said that he had a biblical headache!

Last Edited:
My son had a call last year on a GSW to the head, .380 glanced off the side of somebody's skull went under the skin, and down right above the eye orbit. Blew the eye socket out but no penetration to the skull.

Not wanting to thread high jack ... But just how does Daryl aim that crossbow with no sights?
With no sights maybe its the magic of T.V. :D

And now back to your regularly scheduled thread...:)
Andy

Andy, do you see that black ramp looking thingy, with all them bumps on it? We I have it on great authority that Daryl sights down the side of it to make repeated eye shots out to 30 meters....:p

My son had a call last year on a GSW to the head, .380 glanced off the side of somebody's skull went under the skin, and down right above the eye orbit. Blew the eye socket out but no penetration to the skull.

Randy Johnson is the most BADAZZED left hander in history in my book!!!! I would have hated to face him due to Mr. Snappy could clean yer clock & you'd still be standing up.....:s0109::s0110:

I remember a story about someone trying to commit suicide. He drank some kind of poison, lit himself on fire and then hung himself off a cliff above the ocean. He then tried to shoot himself in the head, but some how missed but got the rope he was trying to hang himself with. Falling into the ocean put out the fire, and he either inhaled or 'drank' some of the water, because the salty water made him throw up the poison. He was then rushed to the hospital where he died of hypothermia. :rolleyes: On the plus side he now has a Darwin award. (if I remembered this correctly)

Not wanting to thread high jack ... But just how does Daryl aim that crossbow with no sights?
With no sights maybe its the magic of T.V. :D

And now back to your regularly scheduled thread...:)
Andy

There AR's often don't have sights either.

And their hit ratio? [With or without sights]
I bet the average soldier could close there eyes and just shoot at the sound of a person.
And achieve more hits. o_O

It seams when Hollywood isn't making guns blow things up. And throw people fifty feet on impact!
There making rifles less effective than they would be in the hands of a Vegan! :s0002:

Really! They should just give their rifles to the zombies. :D

I remember a story about someone trying to commit suicide. He drank some kind of poison, lit himself on fire and then hung himself off a cliff above the ocean. He then tried to shoot himself in the head, but some how missed but got the rope he was trying to hang himself with. Falling into the ocean put out the fire, and he either inhaled or 'drank' some of the water, because the salty water made him throw up the poison. He was then rushed to the hospital where he died of hypothermia. :rolleyes: On the plus side he now has a Darwin award. (if I remembered this correctly)

LOL!!! That would have to entail as much bad luck as stupidity! Now, there's a sticky whickit! :eek:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top