JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Have you tried using System Restore in Windows? Easy way to get rid of nasty bugs as it will restore your PC to a date before you got the bug and it does not delete any documents.

I agree, its saved me on a couple of occasions. Its simple to use and built right in to your machine, might as well give it a try.

Though I like Linux - the average person uses a computer and few administer them. When it comes to using Linux or most flavors of Unix most users are not up to it. There is a lot more to administering Unix than just installing it. The one thing I like about a unix based system is the lack of viruses but as usual in life there are trade offs.

James Ruby

Have you tried using System Restore in Windows? Easy way to get rid of nasty bugs as it will restore your PC to a date before you got the bug and it does not delete any documents.

This is not always the case, nor is it a good practice when roughly 60% of the viruses out there will write themselves into the restore and still be present even if you push it back prior to when the virus was actually installed. I am another big believer in malwarebytes. But I also use a Macbook Pro as my daily driver.

Thanks for all the responses guys. I tried Avast Free, it ran for hours and found a lot of things. I hit clean up and it ran for another couple of hours and then wanted me to "BUY", for $29.95 to clean up the rest! Is THAT one of the "Scams" mentioned above??

I downloaded Malware Bites and it seems to be doing something? A little window pops up from the toolbar icon that says "Malware Bites blocked a potentially dangerous website with an IP#, type: outgoing, port something or other. Process svshost.exe", even when I'm not on-line???

Got my Flash Player working again though, I think, I can see the looping of the weather map now.

I've got Comcast telling me in my e-mail I have a bot! Should I trust them and call the # for paid help?

Crap! I'll put Spybot Search and Destroy on and see what it wants me to pay for a free service.

Thanks again gentlemen for the input!

Mike

I ran the Malwarebytes scan and it found a couple of "Trojan agents" and adware something, I deleted.

Malwarebytes keeps popping up onscreen and telling me it "Blocked access to a potentially malicious website"

Do you know how to put your computer into safe mode? If you do, put it I safe mode, then run the scanners.

To put it in safe mode, restart your computer and keep hitting f8 till it gives you a prompt to start in safe mode.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Most "free" software will require you to manually update their database of bad stuff before you use them. If you don't manually update them on a regular basis they will likely miss what is infecting your PC.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top