JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I know I keep bothering you all about the ahem, somewhat 'different' take on guns by the authorities here in UK is reflected in some of the things that they make us do to our guns, but I've just caught up with this Youtube movie again, and thought to might like to see it.

I'd just like to point out a few things before the sirens start ringing to announce the incoming comments -

1. This thing has a BASE-PRICE - without the rail or sight - of $4256.00. The larger calibre version in .44 Rem Mag, is $4921.00. So it's not going to be found on every range, just the ranges where some serious IPSC stuff is going down. And yes, we STILL shoot IPSC-style comps, but with these things instead.

2. Callum is what is called here a 'commercial servant' of a registered gun dealer - your FFL. This means that he can transport Section 1 firearms like this from the dealer to another location, and actually shoot it for demonstration purposes. He, himself, does NOT have a Firearms Certificate of any kind. It was revoked a few years back by the issuing authorities - Thames Valley Police Force, I bleeve - after he made some comments of Youtube about UK gun laws - so, beware of doing the same - Big Brother really IS watching youtube. You'll therefore see him in the movie doing something that I can NOT do legally, and that is, actually shoot one of these guns. That's because although I already HAVE a similar gun, I do NOT have THIS one registered on my FAC. So I can't shoot it, or indeed, any other similar handgun, be it of the revolver or .22LR semi-auto type. Nor can any other person shoot mine. A buddy and his wife actually share a Taurus like this in .22cal, but they each have a Firearms Certificate, and the pistol serial number is entered on each of them.

3. If anybody is REALLY interested, I have a Ruger Super Redhawk in the same horrendous but necessary format, but with a Burris scope on it. I'm happy to make a video of that for you.

4. And lastly, over in Northern Ireland, legal handgun shooters can own an ordinary Model 686 that looks just like any other Model 686 that YOU could go and buy - those lucky people do NOT have the same restrictions on cartridge-firing handguns that we do here on the mainland. They can, and do, shoot competitively in IPSC-style comps, and do very well, bless 'em.

So, sit back and enjoy, or not.

I thank you for posting this as I like to see what others have to deal with out side the US. To me it also shows what could happen here.

I would be interested in seeing the Ruger Super Redhawk in video or even in picture form,

Thank you

I thank you for posting this as I like to see what others have to deal with out side the US. To me it also shows what could happen here.

I would be interested in seeing the Ruger Super Redhawk in video or even in picture form,

Thank you
My every wish is your command - whatever....

1639773291145.png

Some more of my formerly large collection of legally-held handguns here in UK -

1639773432935.png

My every wish is your command - whatever....
Almost looks like one of the new Smith Wesson 500 tactual hunters.
Is that a full 12 in stainless barrel if so the recoil should be much lighter.

I take it the metal rod extension location is not as important as over all length or do they have defined rules as to the rod placement and diameter? does it have have to be welded to the frame?

He, himself, does NOT have a Firearms Certificate of any kind. It was revoked a few years back by the issuing authorities - Thames Valley Police Force, I bleeve - after he made some comments of Youtube about UK gun laws - so, beware of doing the same - Big Brother really IS watching youtube.
would never fly here in the US...

Sure it would. Give it a couple more decades of frog boiling and it'll be worse than that
Sadly theres some truth to that but at least were not there yet. Currently we can bad mouth our govt all we want and if we faced sanctions for that the country would come unglued...

Almost looks like one of the new Smith Wesson 500 tactual hunters.
Is that a full 12 in stainless barrel if so the recoil should be much lighter.

I take it the metal rod extension location is not as important as over all length or do they have defined rules as to the rod placement and diameter? does it have have to be welded to the frame?
It recoils, under full-house .357Mag loads, a deal less than one in standard configuration - from what I recall, that is. The rod has to be immovably fixed to the frame by welding - makes it a RPITA for cleaning, too. So long as the barrel is AT LEAST 12" long, and the sticky-out thing makes it 24" overall, it is legal.

AFAWK, there has NEVER been an crime committed by using one of these freakin' abortions. They are so darn expensive to buy used - mine could be sold in a NYM for over $3000 - and RARE [there were only about forty here, ever], that no right-minded crook would ever bother. Not when he has the choice of every other handgun ever made, sold out of the back of the trunk someplace.....

In fact, I'm taking it out for a shoot this very minute - peeing down with rain tho' it is...........................

Eleven o'clock and all is well!!

Have a great day everybody!!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews