JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi friends,

I was at RFG today shootin' and re-zeroing my scope. I've not shot in warmer weather in a while. That said, when the barrel got hot, I continued to shoot to see where my barrels maximum heat threshold was. Well, it wasn't very high since I shoot suppressed. The barrel shot great groups at 200 till it got hot, and there is where I would get "flyers" and end up wasting bullets for naught.

Anyone have and use a barrel cooler? I'm seriously thinking of getting one. Which do you have? Do you use cooled water or prefer a fan?

If you use a fan, how long do you leave it on before you shoot, and how many consecutive shots do you shoot before you stop and then let it cool off before you resume again?

Had a lot of fun today. The range was pretty empty. For a couple hours it was just me there. Felt like a millionaire shooting at my own personal

Last Edited:
Thank you, Slingerbelt.

I've just made my purchase for the magnetospeed.

How long do you run your cooler for? Just long enough to be able to touch with the bare hand? Or completely cool?

Main negative I've heard on the riflekuhl is its sound. Many posts on different forums have positive results in terms of temperature, and I was about to buy one for that. But then read some thread with many negative complaints about the high pitched sound and how annoying they were after only a few minutes, likened it to feedback on a mic sound. i need to hear one in person before I buy now.

Main negative I've heard on the riflekuhl is its sound. Many posts on different forums have positive results in terms of temperature, and I was about to buy one for that. But then read some thread with many negative complaints about the high pitched sound and how annoying they were after only a few minutes, likened it to feedback on a mic sound. i need to hear one in person before I buy now.

Excellent point.

I heard what it sounded like on a YouTube vid. It is very high pitched. But from a tiny motor, I would expect that.

I'd pay the price of a high-pitched squeal for a couple minutes, than have to wait 8 minutes between shots.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews