JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a P220 that I got in a lot a few years ago. I pulled it out to clean it, and when I loaded an empty mag in it I noticed that when pulling the slide back, the slide catch would engage. This only happened with the mag inserted. If I removed the mag, the slide catch would not engage. I pulled the slide off and inserted the mag and could see the side of the mag push the catch up. Both mags did this, but I realized neither of them are marked with any SIG markings. I an thinking of getting a SIG branded mag to test it it, but since it'll run me about $50, I figured I'd get some opinions.

Um, that's normal yeah?
When mag is empty, the magazine follower pushes the slide stop up so the slide catch can engage the slide and hold it open.

Lol, I deserve that. I had a conversation with my Marine 19 year old, and we were talking about his M16 locking open when the mag is emptied, and then I had this brilliant deduction, grabbed my P226 cycled the round out after ejecting the mag, stuck an empty one in and... it locked open.

I mean, I know this. I've been shooting semi-autos for years.

So... anyway... newb. I'm out :D

It's Jesus's way of saying load your magazines.

I prefer my magazines painted to look like a tuxedo..... formal, yet ready to party.

A0FCF478-5455-43BA-B7C3-39D27FD1CD0C.gif

I have a P220 that I got in a lot a few years ago. I pulled it out to clean it, and when I loaded an empty mag in it I noticed that when pulling the slide back, the slide catch would engage. This only happened with the mag inserted. If I removed the mag, the slide catch would not engage. I pulled the slide off and inserted the mag and could see the side of the mag push the catch up. Both mags did this, but I realized neither of them are marked with any SIG markings. I an thinking of getting a SIG branded mag to test it it, but since it'll run me about $50, I figured I'd get some opinions.
Sposed to do that

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top