JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Wanted Ad Type
  1. Want to Buy
Manufacturer
Other / Not Listed
Caliber
30-06 Springfield
City
Milwaukie
State
Oregon
I recently ordered my first M1 Garand from the civilian marksmanship program. If I did it correctly, I should be receiving my rifle in about 8-10 weeks.

I don't have any ammo though for it so if you have some for sale, please let me know.

Thanks!

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
I recently ordered my first M1 Garand from the civilian marksmanship program. If I did it correctly, I should be receiving my rifle in about 8-10 weeks.

I don't have any ammo though for it so if you have some for sale, please let me know.

Thanks!

Unfortunately...

I have one coming too. Papers sent 4/20. Curious when you mailed papers, got you notification of order received and how/why you expect shipment in 8-10 weeks?

As far as ammo goes, I'll presume you are aware of the caution of not shooting standard .30-06 ammo in a vintage Garand? I already had an M1 that had a '43 Win receiver and '53 SA barrel, with the rest BMB parts. I run the PPU 150 gr "For Garand" ammo in it with no issues and proper ejection pattern. Wish I had more and could be comfortable selling some to you.

Small world......I ordered a field grade about 3-4 weeks ago. When they finally open the CMP retail stores back up, I plan on making the journey to one of them. They have much more available than what they post on the website.

Due to the current high cost of ammo, I plan to load for mine.

-E-

I have some Lapua match ammo for a Garand but it is very pricy.

DRRC puts on a high power rifle class and practice match. They sell match ammo for Garands for the match.

Santiam buyers in Stayton had M2 ammo. They even had a couple boxes of Remington 150 corelok for .75 a round that did not last long.

CMP recommends any commercial spec ammo under about 175 gr. I would add to avoid high velocity hunting ammo, it has higher op rod gas due to the slower powders they use. The Garand is a tough rifle, including the op rod. The internet concern over bending op rods is much larger than the reality.

If you stick w/ M2 Ball equivilent you should be GTG.
Olympic (Made in Greece) marketed some yrs ago stating it was GTG for Garands.

5 rnds into the Enbloc and the Op Rod jumped out.
Tab on Op Rod & Rcvr Channel were in spec.

Even though the load was w/in specs the problem was the Pressure Curve Spiked in the wrong place.

Garands are Tough rifles,
but it pays to be cautious of ammo choices..

Thanks!
Have a Winchester WW2 special edition (20 rds) collectors box posted on this site. Selling for $60.

CD5C2E6E-1BF8-455E-AAAD-138A723C8BE3.jpeg

Thanks!
Don't want to disappoint you but it is taking CMP 4+ months to ship rifles and ammo. It took the one I ordered just over four months to arrive. It took 12 weeks for them to even acknowledge the order. Ammo that I ordered took 4.5 months to arrive.

Maybe they'll catch up soon and you'll receive yours sooner.

Don't want to disappoint you but it is taking CMP 4+ months to ship rifles and ammo. It took the one I ordered just over four months to arrive. It took 12 weeks for them to even acknowledge the order. Ammo that I ordered took 4.5 months to arrive.

Was that in the last six months, Service Grade? Word around has been the the Field Grade M1s are coming quicker than the 12-16 weeks. That may have changed when they stopped taking orders for the service grade.

I got 200 rds of HXP in clips (25 clips) and all of it in a .30 cal ammo can for $205.

The ammo is of various years mostly HXP. I say mostly because there are instances when the can may have contained a few other manufactures. As well as a few extra rounds (they're included in the price).

A typical can (as received from the CMP).....

Anyway..... I have enough to sell. Please, don't ask me how many I have for sale and don't ask me about a discount on a large purchase. They sell well enough, thank you.

If you're interested, contact me via the PM function.

They began like this.
IMG-6472.jpg

I emptied the cartridges into a box.
IMG-6475.jpg

I combined them with these clips that I already owned (NO Made in China stuff here).
IMG-6471.jpg

And I ended up with.....
IMG-6491.jpg
IMG-6473.jpg

Aloha, Mark

Thanks for the info. When I posted this, it had been about 5 weeks since I mailed off the order.

Last Edited:

That is the reason the CMP stores are currently closed.....to work on getting the backlog of orders processed.

-E-

Keep in mind that Greek HXP has Ferrous metal in the projectile jacket, hence can cause sparks on impact & Is Not allowed at some ranges,
and can start fires.
Otherwise GTG for Garands. :)

Was that in the last six months, Service Grade? Word around has been the the Field Grade M1s are coming quicker than the 12-16 weeks. That may have changed when they stopped taking orders for the service grade.
It was a Service Grade. I received it a month or so ago.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.