JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a very nice Underwood but there is a hairline starting to develop. So to save the original stock, I've been looking at replacements. They have to be Walnut.

Have you ever had any experience with CMP? Here is their website: Sales - Stock Sets

The other comes from Numrich. If you read their description, you're almost sold by the way they use exacting CNC and laser testing. Here is their website:

Stock & Handguard Set, Walnut, Mil-Spec, New Gun Parts | 955750 | Numrich Gun Parts

Any advice? I've never replaced an M1 carbine stock, but the reason I want a newly made one, is that I shoot my Carbines.

I bought the Numrich stock for my Inland and found it to be OUTSTANDING. They are made by Boyds as are the CMP stocks.

It took a little while for the Numrich stock to arrive but it is absolutely beautiful and fits perfectly.

you can decide for yourself.

Carbinerightside.jpg
Carbineleftside.jpg
carbinefrontreceiver.jpg
Carbinebottomside.jpg

Mark W.

Yours and mine could be brothers, right down to the M2 bolt.

In actuality, mine has an Inland Division receiver, but the barrel is Underwood. It's my first, my sentimental one given to me by my Dad. I still even have the original paperwork of the purchase made in 1961.

But I still like to shoot it. I was going to consider buying a surplus stock,but they are ugly, and I want to preserve the original stock. When I found the Numrich stock, my heart started pumping harder, "Could it possibly look that good?" Until I saw your posting.

I will never understand with 2 million of these carbines having been made, why some young enterprising person or major company like Magpul that wouldn't go after these with tons of accessories? Imagine a super realiable 30 round magazine without having to use up a hardback SEY.

I truly believe there is a market for it.

There used to be all kinds of ugly aftermarket crap to put on or replace on a carbine. From plastic folding stocks to fancy Monte Carlo hunting stocks. Metal hand guards and scope mounts.

None of it made the Carbine any better then it already is.

Personally I like 15 rd mags and have 30 of them.

There used to be all kinds of ugly aftermarket crap to put on or replace on a carbine. From plastic folding stocks to fancy Monte Carlo hunting stocks. Metal hand guards and scope mounts.

None of it made the Carbine any better then it already is.

Personally I like 15 rd mags and have 30 of them.

The 15 round magazine is by far more realiable than the 30. Mostly because of the many substandard aftermarket M2 marked magazines. Other than that, it simply looks better.

Also keep in mind the M1 carbine magazine is the 15 rounder the GI 30 rd mag only came on the scene with the M2 select fire carbine. And was more of a Korea/Vietnam era thing.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top