JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My favorite gun distributor called to inform me that an M&P9 2.0 arrived and I had first dibs. I had ordered it through 6 stores, waiting for the first call.

My first impression was it just looks cooler than the original M&P. The new grip texture is like the Sig E2 grip x3. I will actually like it better when it knocks down a little bit. I like the 4th grip that is offered with the gun. Its a medium with a backstrap extension like the large.

The gun is not as front heavy as the original M&P with the slimmed down slide. At first, I wasn't crazy about that but it didn't have a negative effect on shooting. Completely eliminated by attaching a TLR-1.

The trigger reset is very audible. I wouldn't mind if it was a but shorter. The trigger didn't seem as mushy as the original.

I fired 200 rounds at 10 yards to function test. I shot fairly fast and was able to achieve a 2 inch hole with no fliers. Ate the center out of the target. I then attached the TLR-1 and shot another 200 rounds. It was very easy to control and I experienced no malfunctions of any kind. Love this gun.

20170121_194526.jpg

Hm - they did away with the beavertail - should've kept it. The new gun looks like it may actually have more muzzle flip than the old one.

An improved trigger would be nice, and the new texturing - if it's the same as on the .45 Shield - is nice. But deleting the beavertail and making the slide lighter seem counter-intuitive to keeping the gun as flat shooting as possible.

Hm - they did away with the beavertail - should've kept it. The new gun looks like it may actually have more muzzle flip than the old one.

An improved trigger would be nice, and the new texturing - if it's the same as on the .45 Shield - is nice. But deleting the beavertail and making the slide lighter seem counter-intuitive to keeping the gun as flat shooting as possible.

I thought the same thing as well even though I disliked the beavertail. The frame is a bit heavier since they added a stainless chassis to it. It has no perceived flex to it.

I shot it pretty fast and didnt seem to notice any more flip to it than my other M&P, but the gun feels like it points better. Once I attached the light, it was super easy to stay on target. Best part is, the light doesnt get all covered up with carbon due to its positioning.

The M&P 1.0 had a stainless insert before - the locking block and rails have always been stainless. The modular chassis is an interesting twist - did they do it in the style of Sig P250/320, so that you can swap grip modules, or is it fully embedded in the gun?

It sounds like, from what I saw on UTuubz and on da intarwebz, that the new chassis has extended the steel forward into the area above the dust cover, thus making it more nose-heavy than the prior iteration.

Supposedly the new slide is slimmer - if you have an original M&P could you snap some side by side comparisons? I have not seen any yet. Aside from forward cocking serrations I'm not seeing any slide milling changes on the 9's and 40's - the .45's had the forward serrations all along, and IIRC, the compact 45 had forward serrations that ran to the top of the slide.

I still wish they made the same gun as the .45 compact in 9mm, or even .40S&W - a true Glock 19 size gun with a full three fingered frame, not the bastard middle size between a Glock 19 and 26 with pinky extenders. I hate pinky extenders because if I'm doing mag changes, I tend to pinch myself and I hate giving up a full grip on the gun in order to swap mags.

The .45 compact is the best sized gun in the M&P lineup.

I didn't mention this before, but I think if you took a CZ 75 grip angle,
The M&P 1.0 had a stainless insert before - the locking block and rails have always been stainless. The modular chassis is an interesting twist - did they do it in the style of Sig P250/320, so that you can swap grip modules, or is it fully embedded in the gun?

It sounds like, from what I saw on UTuubz and on da intarwebz, that the new chassis has extended the steel forward into the area above the dust cover, thus making it more nose-heavy than the prior iteration.

Supposedly the new slide is slimmer - if you have an original M&P could you snap some side by side comparisons? I have not seen any yet. Aside from forward cocking serrations I'm not seeing any slide milling changes on the 9's and 40's - the .45's had the forward serrations all along, and IIRC, the compact 45 had forward serrations that ran to the top of the slide.

I still wish they made the same gun as the .45 compact in 9mm, or even .40S&W - a true Glock 19 size gun with a full three fingered frame, not the bastard middle size between a Glock 19 and 26 with pinky extenders. I hate pinky extenders because if I'm doing mag changes, I tend to pinch myself and I hate giving up a full grip on the gun in order to swap mags.

The .45 compact is the best sized gun in the M&P lineup.

I'll snap you some pics. The slide is definitely slimmer. I think, if anything, its less nose heavy because the slide material missing is much more than the chassis. It looks like the chassis is in there to stay. I don't think it comes out.

Shot my M&P 2.0 this weekend at a training class and was not impressed. Just as some background I normally use a vp9 or usp. The trigger is not as good as good as the vp9 or even my Canik, the slide release was difficult to release, to finish off the day sometime during the day the grip tool fell out that holds the back straps in. On the positive side the accuracy was good and I had no failures to feed. So far I am not impressed.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top