JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Does anyone have experience with the red/green dot that S&W included with the M&P 15-22 optics ready package currently available (PSA, TT)? Wondering if I will keep it, or sell it and mount my Prostaff Rimfire.
Rifle will be here next week.
12546-1-large.jpg

I didn't have the same one, for a long time I used some t1 $40 knockoff from Amazon and it stayed zero and would hit everything I aimed at. My quess it will be fine unless it's worse then the $40 red dot I bought on Amazon.

Just used my s&w 15/22 with the included red dot yesterday at douglas ridge for their rimfire challenge. Never shot it outside and never at steel. Had it zeroed at 10 yards. 1st set of targets hit them in 7 straight shots. Rifle went great all day. Had some misses on the pistol side. Gonna get some kind of similar reddit to replace the reflex sight.

Yea, just ordered the gauge. Said that mine probably wasnt checked when they had it for the automatic extractor disassembly issue I had (did say that it is probably out of spec and that may have lead to the issue).
I was really looking forward to testing it on steel at 200 & 400 this week. But that will have to wait.
But, the red dot is holding up well on a M&P 15 Sport. So, I would imagine it would do well on a 15-22 for a good long while.

This is where it sits. First pic was just tossed on for the pic as I still had to pull it apart for first cleaning and the scope had to be off to fit in the safe before I moved stuff around. I am going to mill in another notch for MBUS. With the mount flipped around, Id have to cut another notch for the mount and have the turrets pressed against the caps. That would nix having MBUS mounted with the scope on. Or I might just mill off the radius of the cantilever to clear the sight.
20190312_000528.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews