JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've had the saiga12 for a couple years now and would like to get it converted. Can anyone point me a gunsmith or store that offers the conversion locally? I don't want to tear down the shotgun and send it out.

Thanks

Anyone? I would really appreciate the help. I have the Carolinashooter kit. Just don't trust myself not to make scrap metal out of it.

Did you ever find yourself someone to do it?

Which kit did you get?

I don't own a saiga-12, but I do own a vepr-12, so I'm fairly familiar with the platform. Can lend you a hand if you haven't done it yet.

I have not been able to find anyone in the Seattle area to do the conversion. The conversion kit I plan to purchase is at Carolina shooters

I ask because they have 18 different "conversion kits"

I've done plenty of business with CSS. Good company. Taken lots of my moneys in exchange for vepr-12 parts lol.

I'm not sure what kit exactly.. I have given up in finding someone at a gun shop to convert the saiga. So it kinda got out on the back burner... wish I had better luck on the coast. May have to travel East of Seattle where guns arnt so scary, might have more luck.

I pieced together a kit of my own when I owned mine and did it myself. Hardest part was dremeling off the rivets. Did it slowly to ensure not to hit anything I didn't want to.

D80A63DE-B51F-4774-9BDE-8571E9A27597.jpeg 917BD8A7-CE0A-4F46-BE67-3F2D5F4A8630.jpeg

Ive done quite a few. You just grind or drill out the rivets and knock them out with a punch. You don't have to plug the holes but a lot of people do and they make plug kits for that purpose. Pretty straightforward operation.

Alright, so I know it's been a long bubblegum time. Maybe too long for an update..
I got the thing converted and have shot it a few times. I have a new ccs plug and spring in it aside from the conversion. I was able to use almost all the OG parts for the conversion....
Now this thing will not run through a mag or a drum with out jamming constantly gets jammed on ejection.
Where the SMITHS at?

Time to start polishing the hammer face and the carrier. Take off all of the rough edges and sharp corners of it.

I rounded the hammer face on my vepr and smoothed out the action. Makes it take less effort for the bolt/carrier to move across the hammer face and come back into battery. Less resistance = carries its inertia longer to cycle more reliably with lighter loads. would never run anything lighter than 3 dram charge and 1oz shot.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top