Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Lymann gravel pit clean up

Discussion in 'Outdoor Shooting Areas' started by TactiAwesome, Mar 17, 2014.

1. TactiAwesome

TactiAwesome New Member

I was out Shooting at the gravel pit near Lyman on the DNR land I was noticing what mess it was. A kid that works with the DNR was out checking Discover passes and I spoke with him for a while. found out that if people are willing to help clean up the pit that the department can help out with trash bags and hauling it out. I was wondering if any of my fine fellow Americans would like to volunteer on a Saturday to help clean up the pit so that we will make sure that it is a place that we can continue to enjoy. Anyone looking for a place to shoot near Skagit county this would be a good way to find your way there.

Cogs and ocarolan like this.
  2. BigStick

BigStick Sherwood, OR Well-Known Member

Too bad you haven't gotten any support yet. I will bump your topic, and add that if I was a little closer I would definitly be in to volunteer. As it is, I think it would be too much of a drive.

3. Cogs

Cogs Washougal, WA. Volunteer Coordinator Staff Member 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Wish I could make it. Most weekends are taken. I've got to do advanced planning and juggling to free up a weekend!

Way to go Tacti for you efforts. Hopefully you'll get some folks to help.

Oh, I sent a message to you about the DNR contact and what they require to qualify for clean up help. Hope it helps you out.

Bill

4. TactiAwesome

TactiAwesome New Member

Cogs gave me some great info for getting this moving with the DNR I am going to start with that route and put up a firm date.

Cogs likes this.
  5. pdxsks

pdxsks vancouver, washington Member

laymann clean what time and directions. good way to protect places to target practice.

Cogs likes this.
  6. Cogs

Cogs Washougal, WA. Volunteer Coordinator Staff Member 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

I'm in when you're ready, Tacti.

Let me know what kind of help you might need to make this happen. I'll do what I can.

Bill