JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am hoping someone on here has some experience with this question because I cannot find a good answer.

I have a 300BLK pistol I recently built and have never fired. I am rethinking the pistol portion and want to do an SBR. Can I use the same lower from my pistol build and use that for my form 1? I would separate the lower from the upper until I got my tax stamp. Or, do I need to buy a new stripped lower and use that for my form 1?

Your existing lower will just have to be engraved when you receive the form 1 tax stamp.
When you send in the form 1 you'll give the ATF it's serial number, so I don't see a problem with it as long as it's was a "Pistol" or "Other" when you bought it.

@jbett98 is correct. It doesn't matter how the receiver started life when Form 1ing it. (For whatever it is worth, I've had both a pistol to SBR and rifle to SBR approved by ATF, with nary a hiccup.) It will, however, have to be engraved with your information before you build. And, obviously, you can't make it an SBR before you have the approved stamp in hand.

A lot of guys buy a pistol lower and get it up and running before the tax stamp comes back approved, that way they get any kinks worked out of it, and when the form 1 is approved, they go get it engraved and then add the rear stock and a front grip it so desired.

BYE Engraving on SW Barbur Blvd. You do need to make an appointment, as they are very busy. You will also have to wait while they do the engraving, but you can stand there and BS with the guys while they do their work.

7914 SW Barbur Blvd, Portland, OR 97219

Phone: (503) 246-4653

Sorry for asking a Noob question, but why do you have to engrave a different serial # on it after getting the tax stamp?

Do you have to cross out or remove the old serial # at the same time? Or do you then have a firearm with two SN's?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top