JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just perusing the classifieds here, and other sites - it seems like a LOT of .40SW pistols are being offered up for sale/trade - and those looking for trades are going for 9's or .45's. Haven't seen as many 9mm or .45ACP guns up.

Wonder how much is driven by ammo costs vs 9mm, and how much by the way .40's shoot vs the 9s and .45's?

I'll admit the .40 isnt' my favorite round by any stretch, but not my least fav either, at least in certain guns. I think my favorite .40 that I've ever owned was a Kel Tec P-40 (think P-11, but in .40SW). Next fav .40 was my first ever Glock - a 3rd gen G22. The ones I've had since then just haven't been as fun to shoot.

I've been thinking about/wanting to get into a .40, maybe. I've gone a fondling but nothing has done "IT" for me. Every thing seems too plastic for the money, or something. i wouldn't want it for carry so I'd like an all metal version, if there is such a thing. I would get a set of dies and load my own from once fired brass if I did get one though. I need to find some one at the range, or somewhere, to let me shoot one before I commit I think.

Mike

I think things go in waves. A few months ago someone started a post about all the Glocks for sale, then I see lots of Sigs, then lots of AR's, then it will be something else. I've got my G22 up for sale just to see if it will sell. I see so many Glocks for sale I have to see for myself if people really get their asking price on them.
Mike

I just think there are so many Glocks for sale because there are so many Glocks. Plus in .40 you get the law enforcement returns glutting the market every so often.

$450 is the most I'd pay for a used Glock with night sights and two mags. Just wait, you'll find what you're looking for in a matter of weeks.

i just picked up 1500 round of 40 s&W winchester ranger 180 gr bonded hollow points for 147.00 for 500 rounds but if you buy 3 or more its 137.00 for 500 thats a good deal for a good round i get good deals on 40s all the time try sgammo or cdnn the 40 is a little more than the 9mm in price and a little less than 45acp try buying 10mm or 44mag now thats getting spendy:D

I went away from the 40 because I like the 10mm or the 45ACP better.And I wanted to go to the 9mm for the availability and cost of ammo.
For some,and i will include a competition shooter I talked to today,it's the control-ability of the 40 they don't like. The shooter today said his second round is always high because of the snappy recoil.(if you can't control the gun It's not really good for defense ,right?)

As far as Glocks selling, they aren't warm and fuzzy,so even if the shoot good,they are easy to sell.
Now sig is sold cause you need money for something else.

I tend to think if there is more of something sold than anything else then there are going to be more of them for resale. I.e. Honda and Toyota good reliable cars always lots of used ones for sale. Subarus are just as reliable but have lower numbers of new cars sold so less of them for sale used.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top