JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Grrrrr!! :mad: Building a lower this morning and while I was installing the bolt catch lever, my hand slipped and the spring and bolt catch buffer shot out of the hole. The spring hit me and dropped right in front of me - the buffer apparently shot into another dimension. I searched all over and used a big magnet to check any place it may have gone, but it's now lost, somewhere in my garage.

So, this puts a damper on my build. I'm planning to buy another online, but I thought I'd run this out by the membership to see, if by any chance, someone in the Oregon City area may read this and may have a spare they'd be willing to sell. I'd like to finish this build this weekend, if I have to order the part, that's not going to happen.

Any thoughts?

Curt's has an assortment of small parts. They're not giving them away, but considering the cost of shipping just one little piece to your house.
I have made little pieces like this out of brass. Fairly easy and they worked just as good as the lost part.

Curt's has an assortment of small parts. They're not giving them away, but considering the cost of shipping just one little piece to your house.
I have made little pieces like this out of brass. Fairly easy and they worked just as good as the lost part.

Forgot about Curt's I may take a run down there. I can get a "lost parts kit" on Amazon shipped free for about $20 with a number of extra springs, pins and other parts - might be a good idea to buy one now and have some spares on hand for the future.

Holy Carp! I found it! After grumbling a bit, I took a deep breath and went back out to search the area, and found it! Back to work!

Nothing better then finding the impossible eh?;)

These kinds of things are why I still scratch my head a bit and wonder why everyone (feels like) picks an AR as a SHTF rifle...

One wrong step while fixing or cleaning it and your completely down. My bolt action has a bolt and a gun - not so much to loose or break:D:p.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top