JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So i went out shooting yesterday with my AK and noticed that as i put more rounds through my AK that the front sight was moving left and right on its own. at the end of the day when i was cleaning it. i noticed that it now moves VERY easily. a butterfly could move it. Just to be more clear it is not the entire front sight. If you look at the pic you can see my thumb touching the round "button" looking part where you screw the front sight post into. That part moves left and right very easily.

I was wondering what i could do besides loc-titeing it to make it not move. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated!

Heres a pic to show what part of the front sight im talking about.

loose front sight..jpg

loose front sight..jpg

Never heard of such a thing. You could purchase another windage drum and hope it is larger than the one you have. Loctite is probably your best bet though.

I would take the drum out. Take the drum to a machine shop and have them mic the drum to get an accurate measurement of the diameter. Then try and find a larger drum. Post on the AK forums that you need a drum to replace the one you have, post the diameter and state you need one a little larger. The AK community on theakforum.net and AKfiles.com are very helpful if you have a problem....

I would take the drum out. Take the drum to a machine shop and have them mic the drum to get an accurate measurement of the diameter. Then try and find a larger drum. Post on the AK forums that you need a drum to replace the one you have, post the diameter and state you need one a little larger. The AK community on theakforum.net and AKfiles.com are very helpful if you have a problem....

+1 to this...

Thank you for the advice! I will definitely check them out! Now all i need is to find a machine shop!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top