JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looking to take the plunge and get my first full auto. Have convinced my other half that it's "strickly for investment purposes." I would like to find an M11A1 or an M11/9 preferably local. I'm aware of wait time and costs but would like to find an FFL with alot of experience to walk me through the process. Any advice I can get would be greatly appreciated as well as anyone that is currently or knows someone looking to sell. I have cash on hand but am in no hurry and want to do it right.

Looking to take the plunge and get my first full auto. Have convinced my other half that it's "strickly for investment purposes." I would like to find an M11A1 or an M11/9 preferably local. I'm aware of wait time and costs but would like to find an FFL with alot of experience to walk me through the process. Any advice I can get would be greatly appreciated as well as anyone that is currently or knows someone looking to sell. I have cash on hand but am in no hurry and want to do it right.

Here's a couple of pointers:

1. MG's are expensive, and transfer times are long. Make sure you have a buyer-seller contract/agreement to protect yourself in-case anything happens to the seller such as divorce, death etc. Stipulations such as not using the weapon would be good too. It's customary for the seller to send all of the parts other than the registered lower to the buyer.

2. If you're buying from an individual out of state, it's going to take two transfer taxes and two form 4 waits.
It would have to transfer from the individual to a dealer in your state on a Form 4, then transfer to you on a Form 4.
Dealer to dealer transfers are tax free, and transfers between dealers are very fast these days, so buying from an out of state dealer is better.

3. You might also consider an M10/9. As a shooter they're a far more robust gun that the M11/9. I'm assuming you're aware that the M11A1 is in .380ACP?

4. Find a dealer you trust. I've heard of horror stories of dealers shooting customers guns, letting them rust or get damaged.

5. There's two main options for buying. Pay a premium and buy from someone like Ruben (dealernfa.com) who has dozens of MG's on the shelf or keep your eye open for guns for sale locally. The later doesn't happen very often in this neck of the woods. Every now and then, guns do show up, but in our case we normally have buyers ready to take them.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top