JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You'll need fingerprints and photos to go with your form 4 if you're buying one from a suppressor manufacturer or a form 1 if you're making your own suppressor. $200 transfer per NFA item.
Several gunshops here who sell suppressors have a silencer shop kiosk where you can get your fingerprints and photos done for the ATF E-forms.
You make an E-forms account with the ATF, then a silencer shop account, all free of charge. Once your forms are in order, you submit the E-form(s) and wait somewhere around 8-10 months before you get your tax stamp approval via email. The gunshop you buy your suppressor from can help you as it's not too hard, it's just the wait time that can feel like an eternity.
Once you have your tax stamp, keep a copy on person, phone etc whenever you at the range etc with the NFA item.

The above information is correct except that if you buy it through a LGS once the ATF paperwork has been submitted it will be shipped to your (choice) LGS and they will hold it for you. They will also charge you to do so. So always ask what that charge will be. It could be $50, it could be $150, so don't wait until pickup to ask.

I use Capitol Armory out of Austin TX. They have a very wide selection of cans of all calibers. https://www.capitolarmory.com/

Same requirements as Silencer Shop. I have used CA for the past 9 years. You send them copies of your fingerprints, photos and a copy of your trust (if using one). All goes on file for you. You choose your suppressor on their site and they will collect the $200 at that time. They will print out your paperwork, you sign via Docu-Sign, they will do your ATF certification over the phone and they will submit it all to the ATF for you. The next time (trust us, there will be a next time!) you buy from them they will have all your info on file and can do it all again. (I'm not an SShop fan). Pricing is about the same but the smoothness of ordering and the paperwork make the diff for me.

Call them. They may even be able to deliver to your door in WA. They can do about 35+ states by now

Good luck and welcome to the club

Last Edited:
To make this as simple as possible: go to a gun shop that sells suppressors and pick one out to buy. Have them walk you through the process. Bring your driver's license with you and don't be a felon. Be prepared to wait for up to a year to take it home.

I would suggest a more thorough approach. Because of the time, expense, and lack of resale options for suppressors I would research it first. Mounting systems versus direct thread, performance, ease of cleaning, warranty support, etc.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top