JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello all!

This is my first posting so please be kind.

I am looking to round out my pistol collection with the two most popular caliber's I don' currently own.

Models I am tracking on gunbroker.com are:

Sig p220. 45acp (le trade in)
Sig p2022 (new for $350 from outfit south of puyallup) ****CORRECTION $379.00 from bigjsoutdoorstore.com****

Was also looking at used S&W 457 (finding used around $400+)

I am fully set up to reload. 380acp, 9mm, and. 40s&w and plan to reload. 45acp

Current guns owned are:
Sig p229. 40s&w
S&W .40s&w (le trade in)
Sig p238

Thanks in advance for your input.

NJG26CRUX over & out.

Welcome, I'm still relatively fresh meat here too. :)

Suggestion. Go to Wade's in Bellevue, Shooting Sports in Bothell, or other and rent a few pistols. One of the ranges may even have the pistol(s) that you are seeking to rent.

Peter

Every American male ought to own at least one 1911 .45acp! Your choice, something like a Citadel/Rock Island Armory, OR, Kimber/Wilson. $500.00ish up to $1200.00+ respectivly. Or both.

Simple!

Mike

I think that both Sig Sauer pistols are very fine handguns. I owned a Sig 220, since about 1993, and it is an excellent shooter. My only complaint about the 220 is the sights, it does not have the 3 dot style, which i prefer.

As for the Sig Sauer SP2022, i recently purchased 4 with factory night sights. My 16 year old daughter just finished breaking in her pistol, which is the last of the 4 yesterday. Out of all 4, which have had a minimum of 500 rounds fired through each, we did not experience any failures to feed, fire, or extract!

The Sig Sp2022 i am using as my daily carry handgun, has had over 1000 round fired through it and it has not only been fired by me, but a variety of people, including my girlfriends 9 year old daughter, without any failures.

All 4 Sig Sauer SP2022's have been feed a wide variety of ammunition. Such as, handloads my daughters made, Glasers, Rem JHP's, Win JHP's, and Federal JHP's, in a wide assortment of bullet weights and power levels, from standard to +P. We even mixed the different brands, bullet weights and power levels in the magazines, without failure.

You will be happy with any Sig Sauer you choose!

M67

Every American male ought to own at least one 1911 .45acp! Your choice, something like a Citadel/Rock Island Armory, OR, Kimber/Wilson. $500.00ish up to $1200.00+ respectivly. Or both.

Simple!

Mike
Please, please tell me where I can get a Wilson for $500-$1200.

JMHO~

I think Sig Sauer is doing to Glock, what Glock did to S&W.

Years ago when PD's were looking to change from wheel guns and the heavy all stainless 5906's, Glock outbid the competition by about $100.00 per handgun.

This is what i personally think Sig Sauer is now doing to Glock.

The French Gov, purchased from 240,000-270,000 units ( depending on the report ) to replace the beretta 92G, the US ARMY ordered 5,000 units and the DEA has issued the Sig Sauer SP2022 to it's agents as well.

I think you will see a growing number of LEO's and agencies going to the Sig Sauer
SP2022.

M67

The Glock 21 is such a no-brainer, they even trust cops with it!;)

J/K, but the G21 is my idea of a 21st century version of the venerable 1911. Do you want a range toy to show to your friends, or a street gun to show to your enemies? For simplicity, durability, reliability, and capacity, the homely gun wins.

I got my perfect version, a nearly new G21SF with a non-ambi release, Glock rail, and fresh night sights, all for $530 from a LEO-academy washout. It's no BBQ gun, but for what it is, it's a steal.

I personally prefer the 45acp, it is very forgiving round to reload. I also seam to shoot better with the 45 than a 9mm, though either is an excellent round. If you were not a re loader the 9mm would be a better choice because of cost.

Thanks to all for your input.

I have made my decision and the winner's are.... Sig P220R (le trade in) $477.00 with shipping, and the Sig SP2022 9mm (new from Big J's Outdoor in Orting WA) $379.00.

I will post pictures describe upgrades and give range reports and reload data in the next few weeks. If anyone has any specific requests or would like to join me at the range (Wade's in Bellevue WA) please PM me.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top