JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm looking for a class on shooting accurately with a rifle.

Shooting properly, sighting in, either with/without scope, consistency at ranges my middle-aged eyes can see, etc. Ultimately I'm looking to acquire/improve accuracy with a .308 bolt-action.

I'm a member at TCGC but don't see anything upcoming on their schedule.

I don't mind traveling for a weekend or something if there's a really good class within range of Portland, OR.

^^^^Ditto on the .22! The fundamentals, Appleseed will teach you, are totally transferable. Good fundamentals are the best! After you have mastered them, then, shooting is the best way to learn to shoot! I been shooting for 64 years, and when I start, each time, I run down the list of fundamentals! Disclaimer, I have never shot an Appleseed event, but I have read about them as well as talked to folks about the course. Anything that universally loved is doing something right!
Best of luck on engaging in the best, most enjoyable, sport on earth, IMHO! Learn well and practice! Remember, YOU are the instrument! Learn to pick up a rifle and shoot it to that rifles best ability for accuracy! :) SRG

Last Edited:
If I may offer a bit of advice:

Find a shooting routine or form / stance that is safe and works for you.
It may not be NRA approved or something my Drill Sergeant would like , but my routine and shooting stance has worked for me.
It works because I have found a safe and comfortable shooting form / routine and practiced it with one rifle , until it has become second nature.
I have also found that competing only with myself , has made me a better shot.
I'm not worried how the other guy is shooting . I'm wanting to make my next shot better than my last shot.
Andy

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews