JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi guys,

I've been live in the Hillsboro area and am having a hard time finding a pistol range in the area. I've read through multiple pages on these forums and even searched on Google. The only thing I can come up with is a skeet club and a private range in Portland that I left a message on their voicemail, but haven't heard back from. With all of the gun owners in Washington County, surely there has to be something. Can someone please point me in the right direction? I wouldn't ask for help if I hadn't already spent many hours searching for one with no luck. Thanks in advance.

There is a private range in hillsboro, the owner is a dr. at some hospital. You pay $50 per year for membership and he give you a key to the range. It outdoor but he had all the cover you can shoot handgun to riffle. I can't remember the place but my co-worker used to take me there shooting when I was working at Intel. I am trying to contact my ex-cowoker for the info. Will let you know soon. Benny

Benny, I am sure that there are many of us that will appreciate the info. Please do keep us updated. I currently work at Intel, so if you need my assistance, PM me. ArcturusRising, thanks for starting this thread!
James

While waiting for for my excoworker to reply which probable a week or two, he works compress WW from Sun-Tue and every other Sat night. Did you two check out Beavercreek Armory dealer cross street from Ronler Acres Campus? it's in corner of cornelious pass and cornel? I found that gun shop is a great resource for shooting if you are really serious about it. They even hold class 3 shooting once awhile. I think it was John or James at that place used to let me shoot his MP3 fully auto years and years ago when I just went out to the range with them.
http://www.beavercreekarmory.com/

I have been in there. Even purchased an item or two. ;) But have not gone shooting with them. They helped host a machine gun shoot this past summer which I was not able to go to. I later saw some pics from it and am sorry I missed out on what was obviously a great time!

There's the Newberg Rifle and Pistol Club. I believe they charge something like $20/year, but you're restricted to a 50-ft indoor range, and allowed to use only pistols and .22 rifles. I think they're open only 2 nights a week.

Tri-County Gun Club (tcgc.org) in Sherwood, Oregon is probably the best gun club in the area. The ranges encompass everything from trap/skeet/sporting clays, to action pistol, to black powder etc. I've been a member there for years and can't say enough good things about them. :s0155:

Tri-County Gun Club sounds awesome and their fees are reasonable, but I am concerned that they require me to be an NRA member. I've lost confidence in that organization in the past years and would prefer to give my money to a 2nd Amendment group like OFF who I feel is doing a better job fighting for my rights... bang for buck.

I have been in there. Even purchased an item or two. ;) But have not gone shooting with them. They helped host a machine gun shoot this past summer which I was not able to go to. I later saw some pics from it and am sorry I missed out on what was obviously a great time!

The machine gun shoot was a ton of fun. We are planning another one soon. But we have to wait for the weather to get a little better.

Tri-County Gun Club sounds awesome and their fees are reasonable, but I am concerned that they require me to be an NRA member. I've lost confidence in that organization in the past years and would prefer to give my money to a 2nd Amendment group like OFF who I feel is doing a better job fighting for my rights... bang for buck.

While I understand your issues with the NRA (I certainly have my own with them), they are still the most effective lobbying organization for our rights in the United States and in Washington DC. Let's worry about changing the NRA from within.

You will find that the majority of the decent private shooting clubs/ranges in the area require NRA membership. It that is a gating issue for you, you are going to have a tough time finding a "good" range to shoot at that offers multiple options in the Portland area.

I encourage you to find the range that best suits your needs and interests and make that your primary concern and then if they require you to join the NRA do so, in addition to GAO, OFF, JFPOFA, or other worthy 2nd Amendment rights organizations of your choosing.

I am a member at Douglas Ridge Rifle Club in Eagle Creek, OR. Kind of the other side of the world from where we live in Hillsboro, but I would be happy to give you a tour some time.

BTW, I worked at Intel for 10 1/2 years and am living proof that there is life after Intel. :s0112:

BTW, I worked at Intel for 10 1/2 years and am living proof that there is life after Intel. :s0112:

You half year more then I am... 10 years to be exact. Start out at Hawthorn farm and RA1 to D1C... glad I left the place, but I miss all my intel friends that are guns owner... almost every single one of them ;-)

There is a private range in hillsboro, the owner is a dr. at some hospital. You pay $50 per year for membership and he give you a key to the range. It outdoor but he had all the cover you can shoot handgun to riffle. I can't remember the place but my co-worker used to take me there shooting when I was working at Intel. I am trying to contact my ex-cowoker for the info. Will let you know soon. Benny

Any more info on this?

I'm still trying to find a pistol range within an hours drive of Portland that doesn't require me to be a member of a political organization as a prerequisite to shooting. Cash is king and I can't believe I'm having such a hard time finding someone to give my money to. I could go out into the woods and shoot for free, which is what I did growing up, but I'm planning on taking a lady with me to shoot for the first time and I think she might be more comfortable in a traditional range environment. In the past several places I've lived before there were businesses setup, usually as part of a gun shop, that had a range open to anyone willing to pay and follow the rules, regardless of political affiliations. You could even rent different pistols and try out a model before buying it. I tested out a really nice Smith and Wesson .357 revolver that way. I'm surprised that there is no businesses here in the Portland metro area setup to do that. The first person to open one up could probably make a killing without any competition, if there is any entrepreneurs out there reading this board.

I'm still trying to find a pistol range within an hours drive of Portland that doesn't require me to be a member of a political organization as a prerequisite to shooting. Cash is king and I can't believe I'm having such a hard time finding someone to give my money to. I could go out into the woods and shoot for free, which is what I did growing up, but I'm planning on taking a lady with me to shoot for the first time and I think she might be more comfortable in a traditional range environment. In the past several places I've lived before there were businesses setup, usually as part of a gun shop, that had a range open to anyone willing to pay and follow the rules, regardless of political affiliations. You could even rent different pistols and try out a model before buying it. I tested out a really nice Smith and Wesson .357 revolver that way. I'm surprised that there is no businesses here in the Portland metro area setup to do that. The first person to open one up could probably make a killing without any competition, if there is any entrepreneurs out there reading this board.

If it's still open there is one called "the place to shoot" in delta park. but
1) it requires a yearly membership
2) its kind expensive for what it is
3) its pistol only
4) you have to buy ammo and targets from them, you cant bring in your own or handloads
5) there ammo last time I checked was 25% above market rate around here

That being said you can rent guns there and it is an indoor range that dosn't require NRA membership

Thanks gixxer1974! This is exactly what I was looking for. Here is the website and it doesn't look like they require an annual membership any longer. http://www.theplacetoshoot.com/

Although, as expected, if you do get an annual membership your lane fees are much cheaper, but $35 per visit is pennies, especially if I only visit a few times a year.

Glad I could help a fellow NW shooter Do me a favor and let me know what you think of it. I haven't been there in years because the prices and refusal to let me shoot my ammo left me with a bad impression but I would be interested in a first timers impression now

Wasn't the NRA giving out free memberships for a long time? Are they still doing that? I'm not particularly fond of them either, but I got one simply because both ranges I was considering joining this year required a membership.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top