JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thanks gixxer1974! This is exactly what I was looking for. Here is the website and it doesn't look like they require an annual membership any longer. http://www.theplacetoshoot.com/

Although, as expected, if you do get an annual membership your lane fees are much cheaper, but $35 per visit is pennies, especially if I only visit a few times a year.

I shot there once. A very expensive outing. Ok facilities, but expensive.

It wouldn't take any time at all to pay for a membership at tri county gun club. Let's say you plan on shooting at least ten times this year. A Place to shoot would be 350.00 or a discount with membership but I don't know what that is but I'll bet it is way more than Tri County membership. Tri County Gun Club is far superior to A Place To Shoot. It's about a 100-120 a year. You get much more for your money at a real shooting range. There's also a wealth of knowledge out there that I couldn't begin to explain to you. These people are very friendly and helpful at both of the major ranges.
If you've not been to a real range PM me and I will take you to one. We have an indoor range at Douglas Ridge. But if you want to shoot at night and practice that is a good option too. There are multiple ranges and various competitions. It is one of the few ranges on the west coast that has a 1,000 yard rifle range. You can shoot at ten feet if you want too.
If you don't go out shooting more than 5 times a year it probably wouldn't be worth it to join a gun club. If you do shoot much you'll be glad you were a member of a real range with much more to offer plus you'll save a lot of money. I would bet you can learn a lot more at what I consider a shooting range.I don't know if Tri County has an indoor range but can email my best friend who is a member there. As a matter of fact it's possible to go out there during the day for both me and my friend so it's possible to give you a tour there which would even be better. Tri County gun club is near Sherwood.

Btw I saw your other thread regarding reloading. I will teach you how to reload for free during the day. I've been reloading since the 80's. My only request is that you read thoroughly again a Lyman or some other manual. It's important to know exactly what you're doing so re reading is good.

Not in Portland, but close enough. English Pit in Vancouver/Camas, WA $15 I believe open 7 days a week shoot as long as you want, they give you 2 targets, you can bring your own ammo. shoot everything but 50 cal, shotguns when not too many people around. 15ft to 100ft range or something close to that.

I forgot about English pit. I've not been there in years but they used to have a 25 yard pistol range, a 50 yard .22 only range, a 100 yard rifle/pistol range and a range with both 25 and 50 yard targets rifle and pistols. They also had portable target holders if someone wants to shoot closer than 25 yards.

If you want to go "virtual shooting", there is a place on Cornelius Pass Rd., in between Liberty High School and West Union Rd. Thats right! I said "virtual".

I was so excited when I saw the signs on the main road saying "Shoot Here". Imagine my disappointment when I went in and they told my it was a virtual range that uses fake Glocks that have CO2 cartridges in them to simulate recoil and some sort of invisible laser that you point at a movie screen.

I have done this somewhere else before. Let me think about it for a moment. Oh yeah.... Duck Hunt!

Anyway, the best place I have found to shoot handguns is the Clackamas County Safety Training center. It is a 25 yd range and they allow all pistols and rifles that shoots a rimfire round or pistol caliber. $15 lane fee, you have to buy there ammo but its reasonable, and use there targets that cost $1 a piece. It is a beautiful facility. About 40 min from Hillsboro. LINK.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top