JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello, new to this site. I grew up shooting guns, and been a gun owner for years. But I sold my guns before I moved to Washington in 2008. With all this crazy virus stuff I thought I should re-invest in a good firearm. I also wanted to teach my wife, who has never shot before how to handle a firearm. Now that I have a rifle I noticed lots or ranges were closed. Or the Local Gov website saying recreational shooting sites closed due to Covid, and a fine if caught.... ? Any advice on where to go train and target shooting during this crisis?

Hello, new to this site. I grew up shooting guns, and been a gun owner for years. But I sold my guns before I moved to Washington in 2008. With all this crazy virus stuff I thought I should re-invest in a good firearm. I also wanted to teach my wife, who has never shot before how to handle a firearm. Now that I have a rifle I noticed lots or ranges were closed. Or the Local Gov website saying recreational shooting sites closed due to Covid, and a fine if caught.... ? Any advice on where to go train and target shooting during this crisis?

Honestly,
Get up at 4am, pack a lunch, and head for the mountians. Find an un- paved road and follow it till you find a safe place to practice...be vigilant of your surroundings while there, because they're cockroaches out there ready to take what you have. Clean up your crap before you leave..good luck.

Any of the Federal forest you can, Some state land is starting to open. All of it tends to be a pretty damn good drive. Pretty sure you need a Discover Pass to use the forest roads. The one we ocasionally go to on the big mountain tells you to have one. May be better to find a range in your area. Many are starting to open again. Not free of course but you don't have to make a day trip out of going to shoot.

I prefer the woods.

I'd also recommend getting some steel targets. More satisfying when you hit it and they never wear out. Go to Ebay or Amazon and get AR500 steel targets. They really are affordable. You can get an 8" Gong for $30 shipped.Get the 3/8" steel, that way you can shoot just about anything at it, rifle or pistol.
Then go to Lowes and get a SHEPARDS HOOK, about $10. Make sure that you get the solid steel, not the tubing.

I have this setup in my backyard. I made the hanger from 3/4" black pipe from Home Depot on the cheap. You can buy hooks from AR500 online too.

I welded a 2nd hook on my shepards hook. Painting them is just my thing, but not really necessary.

CELL PICS 017.jpg BRIDGEPORT MC TRIP 072.jpg

I'm also interested in this. I need a place to practice with my rifle and pistol. The pistol is easy since there are lots of indoor ranges for that. I'd really like to find an outdoor one though. Anybody try the English Pit range? I'm thinking of paying a visit soon.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top