Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Looking for Eley brand 22lr in Portland area

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by Bigfoot, Apr 6, 2010.

1. Bigfoot

Bigfoot Clack Co. OR Well-Known Member

I just put a new barrel on my 10-22 and now the Rem Subsonics don't expand as well as they used to. I've read that Eley Hollow Point Subsonics expand very well but I don't remember ever seeing any in the local stores.

Anybody seen these around?

Thanks
    Bigfoot

2. PBinWA

PBinWA Clark County Well-Known Member

About two or three weeks ago, I bought some either Remington or Winchester target 22LR "made by Eley" at Wholesale Sports in Vancouver. They also had CCI Target Shorts.

3. bugeye

bugeye Oregon Well-Known Member

Remington is distributing Eley and I got some from a Wholesale sports too. I got 3 grades the target rifle at about $7 per 50, Match extra (or maybe it was club match extra) at $10, and some EPS at $16. The mid grade shot best of any ammo ever in my savage mark 2, the eps had several ftfs, an though they all claimed to have the same velocity I had to do a couple of inches of elevation when I changed between them. Sort of expensive stuff though, save it for a windless day.

4. Bigfoot

Bigfoot Clack Co. OR Well-Known Member

Wholesale Sports.

Thanks

I'll save them for possums and skunks and shoot the Rem Subsonics for practice. Since I posted this I found out that Aquilia Subs expand well also. I'm hoping to find and try them too.

5. bugeye

bugeye Oregon Well-Known Member

I got some of the aquilia at Wholesale too, and some regular eley, the aquilia is pretty good the regular eley is nothing special.