JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
City
McMinnville
State
Oregon
Is there anyone in the McMinnville, Newberg, etc area who has a lathe - even a cheap one? I built an eForm 1 .22 suppressor (approved in 23 days) and need the end cap & about an inch of the baffle section drilled out. I started drilling the cap from the inside with a small bit, worked my way up a couple of steps but noticed it was off center so I stopped. The cap isn't ruined and a lathe with a center drill will line things back up just fine. Same for the mono core - just need to drill it out straight.

If I felt like driving to Clackamas my cousin owns a super high-end machine shop & said I could use a CNC mill but that's a bit out of my league. He had an old tool shop lathe I used multiple times but he just sold it & the buyer is picking it up today. I learned how to run those when I went to Benson High School in about 1968. Anybody remember those days?

I'll swap a box or two of 9mm if anyone can help out.

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
I used to make brass canons that fired 3/8" steel ball bearings from those Pachinko machines on the Marshall HS metal shop lathes... I still have a "deck canon" that I made back in the 80's.... LOL

:s0155:

I think Marshall had a .22 range under the bleachers too. I went to Benson my Freshman year & we (they) decided that I wouldn't be going back the next year. Graduated from Franklin in '72 but never even went to Graduation - just stopped by a week later & p/u my diploma. I joke- "High School - the best 9 years of my life."

I already had a job so so going to Graduation wasn't a priority. I was one of 8 kids (4th) so my parents weren't exactly broken up about my decision. My youngest sister graduated at 16 & I don't think she went to Grad either - IMHO a waste of time & $$.

I think Marshall had a .22 range under the bleachers too. I went to Benson my Freshman year & we (they) decided that I wouldn't be going back the next year. Graduated from Franklin in '72 but never even went to Graduation - just stopped by a week later & p/u my diploma. I joke- "High School - the best 9 years of my life."

I already had a job so so going to Graduation wasn't a priority. I was one of 8 kids (4th) so my parents weren't exactly broken up about my decision. My youngest sister graduated at 16 & I don't think she went to Grad either - IMHO a waste of time & $$.

It was under the library actually, but sadly it was shut down well before I graced the campus.

Unibits work well in keeping a pilot hole centered as it steps up to the next size.

1593042792000.png

I found a fellow Forum member who lives close by & has a lathe. We'll do it the right way tomorrow.

LOL... I just stumble across this emptying out all the household "junk" for a MAMMOTH yard sale my wife is doing over the weekend.

I made this in John Marshall HS metal shop class back in1984.... I just "winged" it and made it on the fly. I was SUPER shiny when I took it home.... dam, 36 years ago. :D
View attachment 717340View attachment 717341View attachment 717342

Right on man, thanks for sharing. That super is cool.

Side note, I graduated from HS in 1984.

And I see Franklin and Marshall mentioned above...

Most of my family went to Marshall, and a few to Franklin.

it sure is nice to see you older fellows reminiscing about the old days. when we in metal shop Davie and I each built 50cal. BP single shot pistols ,made the barrels out of octagon tool steel.Ordered the trigger and small parts from mail order . Still have it somewhere. I'll have to look for it and post a picture. I only shot it once, quit while ahead . Oh by the way I graduated in '64'

Yep, in '68 I was in Mr. Casper's machine shop at Benson. :s0078:

Flashback! I remember Mr Casper & he was always real nice to me wile he tolerated others. The worst part of that class was when you were stuck on the grinders for a couple of weeks. The only thing I made were sparks.

Then there was the annual Benson Tech Night - those were always fun. I got very good grades in the Trades portion (and band) but SUCKED on everything else. That's why "we" decided I'd go to Franklin for the next three years.

I lived near 60th & Flavel so it meant riding the bus downtown, transferring & being dropped off on 13th (?) & Sandy Blvd. Franklin was a breeze - about a 20 min bus ride & I'd walk home occasionally. In my Jr year I got a car - (maybe Sr year - I have Senior Moments now)

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.