JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Like the title says, my buddy is in town and I was looking to take him out for some fun and not sure where to go. I have the toys, just not sure where to stretch our legs. I'm in NE Portland but I expect a drive.

dude, Are you looking for public land or a private shooting range? I can point you to a couple of good places in Mt Hood Nat Forest, just outside of Estacada. Short or long range?

The Oz pit on the NF45 Road. (It won't say Oz, but that's what it's called). From Estacada, So. on Hwy 211 to Left on Hillock Burn Rd. Stay on, becomes the NF45 (4500) road. Follow that all the way up to the top. It's the biggest pit you'll see on the right on a big corner. About 10-12 miles from where the pavement ended.

GPS: 45.141963, -122.235078

Hope that helps!

Last Edited:
Bring him out to Columbia County. Outside of Rainier.
We have 200-1450 yards spots out here.
Nothing with a tracer element is safe to shoot right now, Ball and API are still ok...
Our usual spot is 650 across the valley.

Cogs is that OZ pit road not closed as well coming from 211. since nf45 is blocked off coming from 224. Just verifying, did some driving out there the other weekend to go shooting, drove around for an hour looking for a spot to shoot.

Cogs is that OZ pit road not closed as well coming from 211. since nf45 is blocked off coming from 224. Just verifying, did some driving out there the other weekend to go shooting, drove around for an hour looking for a spot to shoot.
I haven't heard of anything closed from the 211 access side. You could could call USFS Ranger District office in Estacada to verify.

Last Edited:
We shoot into a crumbling mix of 5'' minus and clay on a road cut.

Been shooting there for over 5 years. Its safe to shoot API even in fire season.

We even go up there and recover any penatrators we can find while the BBL's are cooling down.

I am sure you are safe, its a fact though that fires are starting from AP let alone API.

When tracers were deemed illegal to shoot in fireseason AP and 855 were on the table as well.

so now no matter how safe , get caught shooting tracers and get fined .

even though AP isn't illegal to shoot in fireseason yet, accidentally start a fire with it and that person will likely be pinched for suppression cost

isn't not you particularly but all the folks that might read your statement who go out and don't take the precautions you have and start shooting rocks in dry grass or a stray into the woods that strikes something capable of sparking.....

Cant legislate stupid.
Dumb people are always gonna do dumb things.

I also believe in Darwin and wish more retards would thin themselves out of the herd.
It would make everyone's life better.

I'm a grown up and take responsibility for my own actions and safety.

Cant legislate stupid.
Dumb people are always gonna do dumb things.

I also believe in Darwin and wish more retards would thin themselves out of the herd.
It would make everyone's life better.

I'm a grown up and take responsibility for my own actions and safety.
I don't believe in evolution or Darwins theory but I believe God created Darwin too

Don't really care what's in it, It makes a flash on contact and that's it,No fire danger afterword,
Like tracers bouncing around in the hill's.

I thought we were trying to get this guy's friend out to shoot not BS about round types.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top