JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
May I ask why you sold it? was there problems with it? mechanically?
At the time I had EoTech w/ the lower 1/3 co-witness. The LMT was rugged and perfect for that setup. When I switched to the ACSS Prism type of scopes I took the LMT's off and installed Matech BUIS due to eye relief issues. But I loved the LMT. I like that type of carry handle sight more than the M1/M14 type.

OK I found the particular rear sight I was looking for but the company that's selling it makes me a little leery about their practices. First there's a five day lead time but you can pay an extra $20 to get it shipped in three days instead of five. That sounds a little shady to me and just a means to get more money from you. Then there is also the amount you actually pay for the time in transit. So unfortunately since that's how they do it I won't be purchasing it from them.
I found a good alternative from rock River arms and called the company and they have them in stock but they are a little funny in regards to their shipping as well. You basically pick the time in transit you want but there is an undetermined amount of money that you're actually going to pay which means that you will not know how much they're going to charge you for shipping until after you've already made the order. So I could pick second day air and have an additional $80 charge tacked on to my bill and I can do nothing about it. I can only imagine that I'm not the only person who would have a problem with this. So as it stands I will probably end up buying some cheap UTG from a company that I do regular business with since they don't carry the one I want. I guess it's not that critical since this is not gonna be a perfect clone of the MK18.

Personally, if I could design my ideal fixed rear sight... I'd start with the LMT-style body, then have Compass Lake and Diamondhead team up to build an A2-mount precisionized version of the latter's "diamond" sights.

Right now my EOD-based briefcase MK18-ish has a fixed FSB with a Blitzkrieg chevron post and a Diamondhead folder rear only because the latter doesn't make a fixed; my brain handles straight lines, corners and intersections better for visual data-processing.

I personally like KAC or Scalarworks Peak iron sights. May not be clone correct but they are the only irons I personally run.

I am running a KAC buis and Acog 4x32 on my 14.5 Socom and I love it… I do believe some MK18 mod0's ran some KAC sights. Every unit was different and they would be assigned different gear on their main firearms…

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top