JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Try calling around the gun stores and asking if they have any JC Higgins model 70/71's in stock. They were made by Fabrique Nationale in Belgium for Sears.
They are large ring 98 actions and the barrels were made by High Standard with a chrome lined barrel. Generally they are under priced because of the association with Sears and if you find one you will not be disappointed with the quality workmanship.

Try calling around the gun stores and asking if they have any JC Higgins model 70/71's in stock. They were made by Fabrique Nationale in Belgium for Sears.
They are large ring 98 actions and the barrels were made by High Standard with a chrome lined barrel. Generally they are under priced because of the association with Sears and if you find one you will not be disappointed with the quality workmanship.
Don't you mean 50/51s?

Right, 50/51's.
I must have been thinking about Winchesters when I posted that. The model 50's are FN Belgium's, the 51 was an imported Husqvarna 640 and the Model 52 was simply a relabeled Sako L46.
I recently picked up a very nice model 50 in 30/06 from the nephew of the original owner. Less than 40 rounds had been fired through it. I paid $350.00 and it shoots as nice as my 1957 model 70 featherweight Winchester.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.