JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So you have a saiga with a long heavy trigger pull......take the top cover off, remove recoil spring assembly and bolt carrier/bolt. Now look in the receiver.....see all the linkage associated with the trigger being moved to the rear of the receiver, this is going to severely complicate any kind of trigger improvement. Due to the transfer bar in the stock saiga trigger group, any real improvement will me minimal at best. That aside you have to remove the trigger and linkage to do any real work on them, which is half the conversion anyway involving dilling and pressing out their axis pins.

The cost associated with improving the trigger of that rifle near the cost of the rifle itself with little improvement. If set on not converting, I would leave the rifle as is and enjoy it for what it is.

All of the above is my opinion, having dealt with the saiga/AK platform quite a bit. I apologize for not actually answering your question, as I do not know anyone who would want to take on that task.

The conversion is very strait forward. There is a wealth of info on forum.Saiga-12.com not to mention I and many other members would be willing to walk you through the process step by step. With a little effort and minimal tools anyone can complete a saiga conversion. If you were closer I'd say come'on over and I'd help, but your a little far away. Once converted the AK trigger group and be easily modified for a shorter smoother pull with less over travel.

If you have any specific conversion questions feel free to ask and I'll do my best to answer.

EDIT - I have a buddy that is going to do a Saiga 12 build as well as a M95 from a kit. I was going to give him a hand with them, but if anyone else wants to come out we could get together a build party......ya'know...build guns, bbq, beer etc....

My suggestion: Tapco G2 double-hook trigger. Or if you don't want to Dremel the second slot in, even a single-hook. But eganx is correct, that linkage that Saiga puts in there is the biggest culprit of your poor trigger performance. I have converted my Saiga 12, this<broken link removed> is the kit I used, with a Tapco G2 trigger. No problems, easy-to-follow instructions.

carolina shooters has a lot of great parts for your saiga and a lot of informative diy videos. don't go gunsmith until you see how easy it is to work on your own rifle yourself. for about two hundred bucks you can convert your rifle with a nice folding stock too.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top