JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just my experience, but I used to have an alloy frame 3", I wouldn't carry another one. I traded it off awhile back and now carry a steel officer frame with 4" barrel and slide. A good belt and pancake holster and it's no harder to carry than the aluminum one was.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

I am trying to keep the gun as light as possible that is why I want an alloy framed gun. I really like the alloy framed 1911's I have fired several, and they are more comfortable to carry, remember if it isn't comfortable it gets left home. I also have a really nice pancake holster, and a kydex-reinforced gun belt, and I still find the steel framed guns to be too heavy/cumbersome for my liking.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.