Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Looking for a compact 1911

Discussion in 'Handguns Wanted' started by natestj, Feb 4, 2012.

1. natestj

natestj Buckley Member

I am looking for a 3.5" - 4" barrel 1911 needs to have an alloy frame, only looking for Kimber, Colt, Para, or Springfield.
    Thanks

2. rob240p

rob240p Vancouver Member

3. natestj

natestj Buckley Member

Rob it looks nice but still a bit heavy for my liking, I am really set on having an alloy frame this go-around.

4. mortre

mortre Yelm, WA Active Member

Just my experience, but I used to have an alloy frame 3", I wouldn't carry another one. I traded it off awhile back and now carry a steel officer frame with 4" barrel and slide. A good belt and pancake holster and it's no harder to carry than the aluminum one was.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

5. natestj

natestj Buckley Member

I am trying to keep the gun as light as possible that is why I want an alloy framed gun. I really like the alloy framed 1911's I have fired several, and they are more comfortable to carry, remember if it isn't comfortable it gets left home. I also have a really nice pancake holster, and a kydex-reinforced gun belt, and I still find the steel framed guns to be too heavy/cumbersome for my liking.

6. mortre

mortre Yelm, WA Active Member

Hey, whatever floats your boat. I'm glad you've fired some first, I didn't. I put about 5K down range before I got rid of it.