JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looking for a .40 high cap at least 12+ rds. This won't be a carry so size won't matter. Looking for more of a bedside pistol so a rail for a light is a must aswell. I was thinking a sig 229 but looking for sugestions. Price will be a factor but not a huge one, more along the lines of best bang for your buck kinda thing!

Springfield XD/M. XD-40 sub-compact essensial @Keith's in Gresham was $399 when I got mine last month. Std 12 rnd mag slightly narrower grip than XDM and mags are incompatable. Like a Glock but with grip safety, never had any issues with my older XD-40 tactical over 500 rnds. My G20 hurts my thumb due to thE wider 15 rnd grip in 10mm/40 cal. I suspect the G22/23 wil also hurt me: check it out yourself or try mine out at Johnson Creek. Both have rails.

Bring a boX of 40 and email me thru NWFForum. I have weekends off mostly.

Right now you are not packing a gun BUT unless you wish to own 10 plus guns like me you should consider a smaller one first since it's easier to secure in home. My sub shoots almost as good as the tactical and uses the same mags.

Last Edited:
Glock 23 or 22 would be great choices. The .40 frame is different than the 10mm frame by a good amount. Sigs are great, I have a 228, but they are spendy. I personally don't like XDs, nothing wrong with then except they don't feel right and are ugly as sin, to me.

S&W M&P .40 Great pistol!

CZ SPO1 Tactical .40 is my home defense pistol, Awfull damn heavy to pack around on a hip but a sweet pistol anyway.

Not a glock fan (No Offense meant)

CZ 75 SP 01 tactical as Kurly says. All steel with nice grips from the factory. If you're in the area, Kieth's would be the place to call. From what I've heard since I got mine they've become difficult to find.

Mike

Do your homework, shop around, handle various pistols and see which one fits your hand best. I have three .40 cal. pistols, and each works well for me, but one fits better than the others. The one which fits best is a Springfield XD, but just because I like that one doesn't mean you will.

Here is a twist for you.

How about a Kel Tec Sub 2000 in .40 which accepts G22 mags. If you are not packing it around why limit yourself to a pistol?

The carbine is easy to shoot recoil is not an issue and if you also get a Glock 22 you can co use magazines. The Glock 22 extra capasity magazine provides 22 rounds on board and you can fold the carbine for transport or concealment in a vehicle.

If you are going pistol only I think very highly of Glock, CZ and the M&P pistols. The Sig you are already looking at is also a very fine pistol and you would not be sorry. Any of them offer a pistol that should meet your needs. Good luck.

I just got a Sig 2022 from Palmetto State Armory for $349. They are out of them, but there are still some good buys on this Sig out there. Mine is great.

if i was gunna keep a long gun next to the bed it would be my 590, I am liking the idea of the CZ more and more. I had a all metal baby eagle in 9mm and loved it. I traded that off for a carry 9mm and some cash, but it was an awesome shooter so im guessng the CZ will be even better since the Baby is a copy of the cz.

Do you need a pistol for Home Defense?

Consider the S&W M&P

For about an extra $100, you can get a 9mm barrel & mag - that can make a difference in costs to practice, etc.
For that matter, you could do the same for a .357 setup.

For a bedside gun a 5.56 carbine will penetrate standard home construction less
Same for a shot gun with #7 (etc) bird shot
search youtube for plenty of videos showing the penetration of drywall.

Bang for the Buck -
$200 - 18.5" shotgun with pistol grip - add a rubber band off all the veggies you buy and a flashlight from the dollar store

loving my fnp 40 . great poly frame platform with quality built in . far better trigger than xd -xdm modles . by far the best 40 i have owned . picked it up last spring from curts discount for 400 nib with five mags

I have a Glock 23, and a 35 love them both. I spent a couple hours at a range a few months ago, tried the S&W, Springfield, Kahr, and the Glock 30 and the Glock 19

Out of all of them I liked the Glock 23 the best, and you can use the 15 round Glock 22 Mags,

I agree, you should try a couple out and see which one you like.

well, i'm going to toss this out there. I own three handguns in .40. a G27, a HK p30 and a HK usp40 and out of all of all my handguns, my favorite to shoot is my 1911 :s0114: . anyway, I would recommend checking out the HK p30. I have never had a firearm fit so well and feel so good in my hand as that. Its like a glove. now, that being said, the HK club costs quite a bit to join over the other manufacturers out there

I went with a Glock 22 for general use/open carry and matching G23s for matching carry with my gal but my all time 40 favorite is my BHP MK 3. Has only 11 rds but never has a faster firing 40 been made

I'm eventually going to buy a G21 and get the Lone Wolf 10 MM longslide conversion for an open carry/woods combo

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top