1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this month -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

Lookin to buy any complete luger 9mm pref.

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by gusthoff, Oct 11, 2009.

1. gusthoff

gusthoff Sandpoint Idaho New Member

Hello i am going to be 21 soon and im Trying to find a luger, I do prefer 9mm but ill take what i can get, please if you know anyone selling one in 2010, ill gladly take #s names W/ prices or just email me at gusthoff@live.com, thank you.
  2. jordanka16

jordanka16 Albany, OR Active Member

Unless you buy from a dealer or from a gun show, you don't need to be 21.
  3. tac

tac UK, Oregon and Ontario. Well-Known Member

Get yourself onto www.lugerforum.com - the guys there represent the top bunch of Luger collectors, afficionados and experts anywhere in the world.

If you can't find what you want from them, I'll eat this page with the sauce of your choice.

HOWEVER, be aware that the alternative calibre to 9mmPara is .30cal Luger, and that stuff is EXPENSIVE. A cheaper Luger will mean that you'll be looking at it a lot more than shooting it, IMO.

Figure on a good all-matching WW2-era shooter with matching magazine for around $1200-$1500 - a good bit less for a non-matching magazine. Pre-1936 mags were wooden-based, post ~1936, when Mauser took over manufacture, are aluminium-based.

But, hey, what do I know, both mine are now paperweights...I'm not supposed to know anything about handguns.

1918 DWM #5248c
    1942 byf #808n