Local M14 gunsmiths?

Reactions
I've got a Polytech M14 and need to get some work done. Basically just replacing whatever the previous owners had done to install a muzzle brake and put a real one on. Anybody in the PNW work on them or do I have to send it off to Fulton Armory or some other place? Thanks,

OP
W
Reactions
Thanks for the info but according to the website, they do not work on Polytech M14's. I don't need anything too special, just fixing whatever the previous owners had done to get a muzzle brake installed and installing a different one.

Reactions
Have ever tried, McCann Industries they may still work on M1A's & Clones

McCann Industries
http://www.mccannindustries.com/
(253) 537-6919 or FAX to (253) 537-6993
If you're in Washington stop by: 132 South 162nd, Spanaway, WA 98387

There's also Bolle & Tamaro Custom gunsmithing
(253) 531-2930
4040 So. TyleySt.
Unit 1A & 1B
Tacoma Wa. 98409

There's also Brett Evens @ Arms worx up in Boney Lake I don't have there # He might have a table at this weekend gunshow in Puyallup. Brett does great work.

Reactions
The FFL I use has a manufacturer's license and his primary personal interest is .308 military rifles. He is in Renton - Blackwell Industries/Eric Berg. Google that and you will find him, or talk to him at the show next weekend in Puyallup.

Reactions
I looked at Blackwell's web site and didn't see any thing on how long they've been in business, The 3 shop's I mentioned has been around for at least 20 to 30 years or better in the gunsmithing arena in western WA
LC450, I wasn't putting your options down, just giving the OP some options to pursue. I am not aware of how long Eric has been 'smithing and manufacturing (they are a manufacturing outfit, too). You can call and ask them if you want to make a heads-to-head comparison.

Reactions
Agree with Ofadan, Ted Brown is #1. Most likely he doesn't work on that
particular one is there are all states of condition of manufacture. A friend had
one that was excellent, but ended up trading it for something else. His the era of all GI parts, and worked in all manners, excellently. Seen a couple with
soft receivers that had headspace and other problems with use. Most likely their are ways to over come defects like this by reheat treatment, but some just don't want to fool with them. I'm told that Ted builds some awsome
target ones and does or did some Garand work. Sorry I could not be of more help. Haven't seen a whole lot of Polys of late. but I know they are out there.

Gorgeous TIG weld on that! For anyone looking for someone to do M1A1 or M14 work, I also concur that Ted Brown in Jacksonville, OR is top notch... I drove down there once to buy an AR16 lower off of him... nice guy!

FYI- Bruce Campbell (star of Army of Darkness, etc.) has a place in Jacksonville, OR... that's REASON ENOUGH to make the drive to get parts and work done for your Zombie Killer right there!! :D

UPCOMING EVENTS

Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
DRRC .22 Rimfire Challenge Oct 10
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Oregon State Steel Challenge Championship
Central Oregon Shooting Sports Association
Millican, OR 97701, USA
Free Firearms Safety Course (I-1639 Compliant)
Virtual Webinar (Zoom)
Seattle, WA, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Triple B Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Triple B Guns
    This isn't really a review as we own the store but rather an invitation to come down and visit us. We specialize in hard to find unique guns but...
  • J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    Good local shop
    Picked up a rifle yesterday from J&B. This was the second or third gun purchase over the last few years from them. I always enjoy stopping by...
  • H&K Gun Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    The only place I have found 9mm in stock
    I’ll admit I didn’t even know this place existed, as I don’t tend to go into Forest Grove often. But it’s a giant (looks bigger from the...
  • Revelation Arms
    4.00 star(s)
    Depends who answers the phone
    I was given the number to Roger Loock by Beaver Creek Armory, as I needed parts I had ordered from MCarbo installed on a Kel-Tec Sub2000. On my...
  • Coastal Farm & Ranch - Cornelius
    3.00 star(s)
    Lesson learned
    I’ll take some responsibility here, as I took the employee at their word instead of doing a thorough inspection. Short story is that I asked for a...
Top Bottom