JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've got a Polytech M14 and need to get some work done. Basically just replacing whatever the previous owners had done to install a muzzle brake and put a real one on. Anybody in the PNW work on them or do I have to send it off to Fulton Armory or some other place? Thanks,

One of the very best "Premier/Master" M1A/M14 smiths is in Jacksonville Oregon! He isn't cheap and he has a backlog but "you get what you pay for!" His name is Ted Brown. His rifles have won many championships.

http://www.tedbrownrifles.com/

Fulton is tops also....but I like to support local folks who have paid their dues if I can...

Thanks for the info but according to the website, they do not work on Polytech M14's. I don't need anything too special, just fixing whatever the previous owners had done to get a muzzle brake installed and installing a different one.

Have ever tried, McCann Industries they may still work on M1A's & Clones

McCann Industries
http://www.mccannindustries.com/
(253) 537-6919 or FAX to (253) 537-6993
If you're in Washington stop by: 132 South 162nd, Spanaway, WA 98387

There's also Bolle & Tamaro Custom gunsmithing
(253) 531-2930
4040 So. TyleySt.
Unit 1A & 1B
Tacoma Wa. 98409

There's also Brett Evens @ Arms worx up in Boney Lake I don't have there # He might have a table at this weekend gunshow in Puyallup. Brett does great work.

The FFL I use has a manufacturer's license and his primary personal interest is .308 military rifles. He is in Renton - Blackwell Industries/Eric Berg. Google that and you will find him, or talk to him at the show next weekend in Puyallup.

I looked at Blackwell's web site and didn't see any thing on how long they've been in business, The 3 shop's I mentioned has been around for at least 20 to 30 years or better in the gunsmithing arena in western WA

LC450, I wasn't putting your options down, just giving the OP some options to pursue. I am not aware of how long Eric has been 'smithing and manufacturing (they are a manufacturing outfit, too). You can call and ask them if you want to make a heads-to-head comparison.

Agree with Ofadan, Ted Brown is #1. Most likely he doesn't work on that
particular one is there are all states of condition of manufacture. A friend had
one that was excellent, but ended up trading it for something else. His the era of all GI parts, and worked in all manners, excellently. Seen a couple with
soft receivers that had headspace and other problems with use. Most likely their are ways to over come defects like this by reheat treatment, but some just don't want to fool with them. I'm told that Ted builds some awsome
target ones and does or did some Garand work. Sorry I could not be of more help. Haven't seen a whole lot of Polys of late. but I know they are out there.

I got a hold of McCaan Industries and after some convincing, he hooked me up. ;)

Broke comp:

m14-1.jpg

m14-2.jpg

Fixed:

fixed-1.jpg

weld-1.jpg

Very happy with the work and his shop is 5 minutes away from my house. ;)

Gorgeous TIG weld on that! For anyone looking for someone to do M1A1 or M14 work, I also concur that Ted Brown in Jacksonville, OR is top notch... I drove down there once to buy an AR16 lower off of him... nice guy!

FYI- Bruce Campbell (star of Army of Darkness, etc.) has a place in Jacksonville, OR... that's REASON ENOUGH to make the drive to get parts and work done for your Zombie Killer right there!! :D

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top