JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Local 6.5 Grendel availability?

I picked up a pretty good deal on some 6.5 grendel parts. I had one many years ago when they first came out and ammo was no where to be found locally and when it was too expensive to shoot.

I already own a 6.8 spc but I got all these spare left handed Ar parts and I am thinking of building a left handed 6.5 grendel odds are I don't think I'll keep as I don't care for trowing anything over a $1 down range so it has to be affordable. I know just reload so that is a possibility maybe. but I want to start off with just being able to buy it to see I like it better this time around .

Last Edited:
Consider building a 6.8spc II instead. Not trying to stir the debate if one is better than the other but cheaper factory ammo is available for the 6.8. PSA has Fed surplus 90gr bonded sp ammo on sale for $9.99 a box right now. Occasionally you can find S and B fmj and poly tipped stuff for a good price as well. They all shoot well in my experience and the Federal stuff is great hunting ammo for deer class game. I'm a big fan of the 6.5 cal as well but if you don't want to reload the Grendel is expensive to shoot.

I'm building a 6.5 as we speak, I have everything but the Strip Lower/upper (getting a custom cerakote job) and I been buying 6.5 ammo since I started to collect the pieces for the build, you can find it at Bimart, Sportsmans Warehouse (both places carry Hornady), but is better to get ammo (bulk) on line, I have a friend that has one and for plinking he shoots Wolf and it works great and is cheap. I really like the round, great for Deer and medium range bench shooting.

Consider building a 6.8spc II instead. Not trying to stir the debate if one is better than the other but cheaper factory ammo is available for the 6.8. PSA has Fed surplus 90gr bonded sp ammo on sale for $9.99 a box right now. Occasionally you can find S and B fmj and poly tipped stuff for a good price as well. They all shoot well in my experience and the Federal stuff is great hunting ammo for deer class game. I'm a big fan of the 6.5 cal as well but if you don't want to reload the Grendel is expensive to shoot.

I already Own a 6.8 spc just for that reason. And sold my first grendal 7 years ago for that reason also. the 6.5 is going to be project if ammo is available and I build a left handed one it will end up being a keeper if not its just going to be something for fun. So hopefully this does not turn into another 6.5 vs 6.8 discussion. I personally prefer the 6.8 after owning both. But I know the advantages of the 6.5

I occasionally hunt with the 6.8 if hunting western and know I will be going into the thicks or am going to be doing some climbing otherwise I use a .308 for deer and .300wm for elk

Last Edited:
I'm building a 6.5 as we speak, I have everything but the Strip Lower/upper (getting a custom cerakote job) and I been buying 6.5 ammo since I started to collect the pieces for the build, you can find it at Bimart, Sportsmans Warehouse (both places carry Hornady), but is better to get ammo (bulk) on line, I have a friend that has one and for plinking he shoots Wolf and it works great and is cheap. I really like the round, great for Deer and medium range bench shooting.

Thanks just the information I was looking for knowing that its now local when I owned my first 6.5 those places didn't even know what 6.5 grendel was.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top