JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have wanted a LMT build rifle to add to my collection of AR-15s for a while. This last week, I assembled a complete LMT standard model 16" rifle w/ SopMod stock for $875. I bought the new complete lower (w/ SopMod) for $325 at our last PDX gun show and a complete upper online (weaponparts.com) for $550 (delivered). The cheapest complete rifle (w/ SopMod) that I have seen is around $1200 (Gunbroker). I know that I did not get the LMT rear sight (I have an extra Matech BUIS anyway), but it seems odd that we can put together a rifle and it would be that much cheaper than a factory assembled rifle (even greater savings when built from a stripped lower). However as a former "Colt Only" guy, this is new ground for me. Seems kind of silly to ever pay that much of a premium for a rifle that is assembled (w/ push pins) by the factory. MSRP for the complete rifle is $1372 (STD16). Is the savings driven by federal taxes on the mfg of a complete rifle?

I know a lot of guys have built complete rifles from other mfgs (RRA, DPMS, etc.) from having someone else push some pins....lol.

Do you guys know if LMT warranties the whole rifle that I built? It seems logical that they would since I bought the factory completed lower and upper.

My only minor complaint is that I have to change out the notched hammer so that I can use the lower w/ my sweet new Tactical Solutions AR-22 M4 upper.

I've noticed this as well. I guess people put a premium on someone putting the lower together with the upper.:s0114::s0114:

The only reason I can see the assembled rifle price being higher is that you usually get a case, some mags, a sling, instruction manual, etc. Personally, I think assembling your own is the way to go. That way you get what you want without paying for parts you don't want and won't use.:s0155:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top