Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

List of Reputable Gunsmiths

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Gunsmithing' started by Sabot1, Oct 17, 2009.

1. Sabot1

Sabot1 Sherwood, OR Member

I think it would be very helpful to all members to have a listing of Gunsmiths, with locations, pulled together somewhere on this site (it may be already, and I just don't know about it)

What would be the best way we could do this, with some sort of a sticky?

I am interested because I have a couple pending repairs I would like to have done in the near future.

Thanks,

2. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

This is a good idea. I'll start it off by saying I've had Al's guns in Forest Grove (formerly Verboort) do some work for me. He was reasonably priced and does good work. He did a trigger job on my M70 Win and also slicked up the trigger and reduced the trigger pull on a Springfield 1911 I used to have.

3. old_heli_logger

old_heli_logger Hillsboro, Oregon Member

This is a great idea...

Hey Admin! Can you make this a "sticky"?

Thanks!

4. Spitpatch

Spitpatch Forest Grove, Oregon Well-Known Member

I'll second the motion for Marcus at Al's Gunshop in Verboort. I cannot vouch for any big-ticket jobs, but he's always treated me right on the small things I've had him do. And I'll throw in a word for supporting your local gunshop as well. You might save a couple bucks on a box of bullets or powder by going to Mega-Lo-Mart, or whatever, but its these private gunshops that will have (or can get) the rare stuff when you need it, and so do business with them whenever you can.

5. Taurus 617 CCW

Taurus 617 CCW Northern Idaho Member

For the Oregon coast we have STS gunsmithing. I am one of two gunsmiths that work for them. www.stsgunsmithing.com

6. MountainBear

MountainBear Sweet Home, OR Well-Known Member

I'll vouch for STS gunsmithing as well.

I would also say that I would not hesitate to take my stuff to Todd Koonce in Salem. I haven't had him do any of my work, but went to school with him and know he does quality work.

7. Sabot1

Sabot1 Sherwood, OR Member

What about gun smiths for the Portland/Beaverton area?

Who have you worked with and liked.

8. mudslinging79

mudslinging79 oregn Member

been to allison carie, and revelation both, prefer revelation, as he seems more friendly

9. KENOC

KENOC Portland area Member

I use John Frost from Beaver Creek Gun Shop, just outside Oregon City. Good honest gunsmith. Also runs a dojo.