JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Wades has what I believe is the LH9C (or possibly an older model that looks very similar). It is a nice looking firearm, I was going to take a closer look at it but didn't have time. Unfortunately I have no other insight for you.

Heard about this Redmond-based manufacturer:

Lionheart Industries

They're going to be releasing a new pistol series soon (LH9, LH9C, MKII), apparently a South Korean design using Browning action and some S&W design ideas:

Modern Firearms - Daewoo DP-51

Video of it at an indoor range:

9mm Daewoo DP51 and 38 special - YouTube

Video review (skip to 5:15 to see it being shot):

An Overview of the Daewoo DP51 (K5 ??) - YouTube

Anyone by chance have experience with them?

I am a little confused by your post. You say Lionheart Industries is a "Redmond based manufacturer," then talk about a South Korean designed pistol and link a bunch of YouTube on a Daewoo pistol. Are they make this in Redmond, or are they just rebranding something built in South Korea? I be interested if it was built in Redmond. The other thing that peaks my interest is it looks much like the Smith and Wesson 4006 and in one of the vids it takes 5906 mags. The wife would really like a 4006 and if this ever comes around in 40 cal and it's built in Redmond it would be the gun for her.

I am a little confused by your post. You say Lionheart Industries is a "Redmond based manufacturer," then talk about a South Korean designed pistol and link a bunch of YouTube on a Daewoo pistol. Are they make this in Redmond, or are they just rebranding something built in South Korea? I be interested if it was built in Redmond. The other thing that peaks my interest is it looks much like the Smith and Wesson 4006 and in one of the vids it takes 5906 mags. The wife would really like a 4006 and if this ever comes around in 40 cal and it's built in Redmond it would be the gun for her.

LOL, sorry if the first post was a confusing post on my part. I think I'm also not sure of the exact nature of the partnership / rebranding deal, but I assume since they're not using the Daewoo name and making the pistols here the US, they have some sort of independence here in the US market:

About Lionheart Industries

The company is definitely based in Redmond and has some sort of contract / licensing deal with Daewoo to manufacture the pistol designs under their brand, Lionheart Industries. Supposedly, they've made changes to the original Daewoo, so I was curious if anybody has had experience shooting them. Supposedly, Lionheart has already created a brand-new railed version of the pistol as well called the Mark II.

Currently they only offer 9mm on their website, but supposedly 40 cal is in the works. The default Cerakote is a nice idea, and the offering of a combo black/FDE color besides good 'ol black is also encouraging. It'd be nice to have an innovative pistol manufacturer in our backyard here in WA state, me thinks.

My concern is it's a deal like Springfield where the parts are made is SK and shipped here for assembly. I guess time will tell. I don't have a problem at all with foreign guns, I just want to know what I am buying.

I don't quite get the "Double Action Plus" thing...seems dangerous to pull the trigger to cock the hammer to me. I'd rather just pull the hammer back.

You don't pull the trigger to cock the hammer on a DA. You pull it to fire.

Did I miss something

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

You don't pull the trigger to cock the hammer on a DA. You pull it to fire.

Did I miss something

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Correct - normally you don't pull the trigger to cock the hammer on a DA. But on this Lionheart gun, with "Double Action Plus", you do. Here's what it says on the website (had to type it since the instructions are an image and not text):

1) With a round in the chamber, pull the hammer back

2) Physically push the hammer back up. The firearm is now in Double Action Plus mode

3) Pull the trigger halfway lightly until you feel a soft click.
You can:
a) Release the trigger and the hammer will remain cocked
b) Continue to squeeze the trigger and it will fire with a trigger pull

Scroll down to the "how it works" section here: LH9 - Lionheart Industries

Correct - normally you don't pull the trigger to cock the hammer on a DA. But on this Lionheart gun, with "Double Action Plus", you do. Here's what it says on the website (had to type it since the instructions are an image and not text):

1) With a round in the chamber, pull the hammer back

2) Physically push the hammer back up. The firearm is now in Double Action Plus mode

3) Pull the trigger halfway lightly until you feel a soft click.
You can:
a) Release the trigger and the hammer will remain cocked
b) Continue to squeeze the trigger and it will fire with a trigger pull

Scroll down to the "how it works" section here: LH9 - Lionheart Industries

Yeah, pretty much this.

This guy (ignore the goofy intro) breaks down the trigger action pretty well:

An Overview of the Daewoo DP51 (K5 ??) - YouTube

It was a good video, I think the intro was just his way of loosening up in front of the camera, it allowed him a little leeway to explain in shorter segments. The Daewoo/Lionheart seems odd, but that does not make it bad. I would like to buy one.

The daewoo trigger pre-dates most all of the current non-conventional trigger types like Walther's P99, ParaUSA's LDA, HK's LEM, Taurus' Millenium Pro and Sig's DAK....

I seem to recall back in the day when I thought about picking one up, It seemed to be a fairly solid gun and was getting nice reviews....Back then I was nuetral on the fast-action, but really liked that it could be cocked-n-locked.

The fast-action was ahead of it's time I think. Heck, it might do well in a updated release this time around.

I used to own and carry Daewoo DP51s when they were $300 pistols and $15 factory S&W 59 and 69 series mags were in abundance and way cheaper then other hi cap pistols mags during the 94-04 ban. I NEVER carried the Daewoos on "tri-mode/fast action/double action +", just plain old DA like a normal person. They worked and were reliable pistols and I didnt have any complaints beyond finding factory mags for them during the ban years. I traded or sold them off toward the end of th eban and settled on other pistols, but I wouldn't have any problems buying another one if the price was right.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top