JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It will probably fit, it will just stick out more. The surefire x300 I have is comparable in size to the TLR-1, on my sig p229 the bezel is almost entirely in front of the muzzle. It does get a lot of carbon buildup when I go shooting, but just make wiping down your light part of your gun cleaning procedure. :) Mostly you just have to decide if the extra brightness of the larger lights is worth the bulk to you.

I know my M6's will not lock onto the rail on my M&Pc. The light will fit one but locking bar is too far forward. This is why I asked.

Yeah... and a 3-4 month wait. It's like getting NFA items. :s0114: I've had one on order since early October.

I think my NFA stuff is faster :s0114: I ordered the one for my M&P 10-5 and am hoping to get it the first part of Jan. We will see what the holidays do for that.

I just picked one up from another member here for my G34/35 with the TLR-1. I should have it soon :s0155:

I didn't think much of lasers until I actually got one on the wife's 642. I have also put a set on my M9. I find it allows me to look at the target instead of on the sights. This gives better situational awareness for me. I can still aim with the sights if I want but with a proper hold that dot is just as steady. As far as visibility to bad guy goes, if you are using a flashlight that argument is a silly one. With crimson trace grips you can turn it on or off with a flex of a finger muscle. I use a light laser combo on my shotgun but it has a remote switch.

I find it allows me to look at the target instead of on the sights. This gives better situational awareness for me. I can still aim with the sights if I want but with a proper hold that dot is just as steady. As far as visibility to bad guy goes, if you are using a flashlight that argument is a silly one. With crimson trace grips you can turn it on or off with a flex of a finger muscle. I use a light laser combo on my shotgun but it has a remote switch.

Im not sure how chasing a red dot enhances your situational awareness? What happens when your staring at your red dot on target #1, and potential target #2 presents itself? If you have to turn your head to identify your second target, your point of aim will come off the first target, its a natural occurance, now your head and eyes snap back to target one, but lazer dot is somewhere else. Do you move your muzzle arround to reaquire your lazer/point of aim and then move it back to target, or do you use your sights? A responsible gunners sights follow second, only after his eyes and brain have made the decision. And, if this is so, then there is no resonable or responsible use of a lazer in this situation. Add to this sceinario good guys (whom you dont want to muzzle) mixed with bad. Are you willing to muzzle innocents, especially in this stressful situation? This is why the Seul position is so important. You can successfully and speedily engage specific targets from this position with total muzzle controll.
Secondly, If your using proper light handling techniques, the light is only on momentarily as you ID your target and decide if your going to engage. Then, the light goes off and you move from your exposed position, never giving your enemy enough time and information to locate you.

well the main idea of the post was to see if i really needed a light/laser combo, but i would like a laser and the only one id like is the lasermax, that way its with me at all times even when i take the light off

Im not sure how chasing a red dot enhances your situational awareness? I don't chase the red dot, its just there.What happens when your staring at your red dot on target #1, and potential target #2 presents itself? If you have to turn your head to identify your second target, your point of aim will come off the first target, its a natural occurance, now your head and eyes snap back to target one, but lazer dot is somewhere else. With a proper hold the pistol doesn't move that far off and it very easy and quick to get back on target.Do you move your muzzle arround to reaquire your lazer/point of aim and then move it back to target, or do you use your sights? A slight adjustment gets the dot back on target quicker than realigning the sights A responsible gunners sights follow second, only after his eyes and brain have made the decision.The dot is still the sight so no change there. And, if this is so, then there is no resonable or responsible use of a lazer in this situation. Add to this sceinario good guys (whom you dont want to muzzle) mixed with bad. Are you willing to muzzle innocents, especially in this stressful situation? If you muzzle someone with iron sights its the same as muzzling with a laser. I have muzzled innocents in high stress situations so guess you got me there. I have even fired at innocents a time or two.This is why the Seul position is so important. You can successfully and speedily engage specific targets from this position with total muzzle controll.
Secondly, If your using proper light handling techniques, the light is only on momentarily as you ID your target and decide if your going to engage.Totally agree, thats the way Portland Police taught me 17 years ago when Surefire was called Laser Products... Then, the light goes off and you move from your exposed position, never giving your enemy enough time and information to locate you.

As to the OP's thoughts on the lasermax, is it the one in the guide rod or the one that doubles as a rail? Try a laser, it made a believer out of an "old school sight alignment sight picture" guy like me... :)

I've bought quite a few 100+ lumen flashlights from DealExtreme and have been very happy with them. They even have a variety of gun mounts as well...
The prices start at $10 or so and most are under $30 for the brighter ones.

On the downside they are cheap Chinese made lights, so sometimes the quality control leaves a little to be desired, but usually all it takes is a little cleaning of the threads or adjusting the pill or switch. Never had any that were DOA though.

I have 2 small lights that I've been carrying for about a year in my pocket every day and use at work all the time, and they are still going strong. A couple more larger lights that I keep around the house and garage - also working great. Everyone is amazed at how bright they are...
Shipping usually takes 2-3 weeks though, but is free.

@ jordanvraptor:
"With a proper hold the pistol doesn't move that far off and it very easy and quick to get back on target" But you agree, it does come off target.
"The dot is still the sight so no change there" Your missing the point, do you think I am advocating poor muzzle controll with iron sights over poor muzzle controll with a lazer? If your allowing the muzzle to wander arround without knowing where it is pointed, lazer or irons doesnt matter, muzzle disipline requires knowing where your muzzle is pointed. Its a pretty big deal according to some guy named Cooper.
"If you muzzle someone with iron sights its the same as muzzling with a laser. I have muzzled innocents in high stress situations so guess you got me there. I have even fired at innocents a time or two" Are you saying this is a common and acceptable practice by you?

G I Joe - If you want to post your qualifications to teach me anything about guns or the military then feel free. Until then, I'm answering the OP's question based on my training and experience. I think lasers are a viable option in a home defense weapon and use them on my handguns and shotgun. You say the muzzle wanders around, you must be under a misconception that my little red dot is going all over the place flagging everyone in sight. It doesn't. At most the little red dot wanders about a couple of inches at 25 yards. Thats not off target unless I want to drill the bad guy through the eye. If you don't feel safe in using one, then don't use one. If your name reflects you are or have been in the Army then maybe you don't like the PEQ-2 or PAQ-4 along with your PVS-7 or PVS-14. Don't let those sometime frustrating Army experiences cloud your judgement on other laser devices. If you haven't been in the military, then maybe that explains why you don't get my dark humor. There are a lot of members on this board who I can learn a lot from and have done a lot more than me but I don't think you are one of them.

To the original OP, I apologize for getting into a flame war in your post but incorrect information needs to be refuted.

My $0.02 coming late to the party and not wanting to read all the flamage...

1. Lasers on handguns are like red dots on carbines IMO. They do nothing to detract from the weapon and add additional benefits not available with irons.

2. They should only be used after the irons are mastered IMO.

3. The laser provides a REAL deterrent factor on BGs. I've held a gun on a person(s) more than once at night with a WML and they thought it was a flashlight. When I went to an M6 after seeing that dot bounced on them... there was a distinct change in behavior. :)

4. The biggest advantage IMO is the ability to remain threat focused. You will likely be shooting off your index anyway so the laser will add FB to the equation that irons can't give you in most defensive shooting scenarios. Mainly because they occur at night unde poor lighting conditions and you won't have time to line up those Trijicons or extend to the #3 or #4 draw-stroke position to get a SP.

Lasers also create a bright red line that traces right back to where you are.

only occurs if you're in a smoke/fog filled area, otherwise it's invisible. Since my eyes are getting old and it's hard to focus on the sights at night I find the red dot much easier to find. Crimson Trace is having a sale till 12/25. $30 off everything in stock if you have the coupon code. I just ordered one for one of my Kahr's, now to get a good holster to fit. I know of two manufacturers that have them for the combo.

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Trade Rating" is low by 3
Not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
WAC member
SWWAC member

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR