Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

WTB OR Light for AR15

Discussion in 'Parts & Accessories Wanted' started by andreys21, Mar 16, 2014.

1. andreys21

andreys21 Milwaukie, OR Active Member

I'm looking for a quality torch for my AR. I have a 1"mount so if you have a flashlight with a 1" tube from Surefire, Fenix, Inforce, etc somewhere around 200-300 lumens I'm interested. Preferably LED. My budget is about $50-100. Thank you.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
  2. joshua47gns

joshua47gns Tigard Active Member

Hi I have a barely used Streamlight Protac HL 600 lumen light for $55 that is 1" or a streamlight Protac 2L 180 lumen light for $30 that is .9" Let me known what you think. Thanks. Joshua

3. andreys21

I edited the ad slighty after I gave it some thought and I want exactly 1'' tube. I thought i could just wrap some electrical tape to add on to something thinner, like the 2L ProTac, but speculating it wont hold up long term. Thank you, Josh.

4. packerfan503

packerfan503 sw pdx Member

I have and ncstar light/green laser.

5. andreys21

Never heard of it. Still looking. Even better, if anyone can recommend a light in my price range that will help too.

6. Nickb

Nickb Moxee Active Member

I use a Rigid Industries Halo. Puts out 850 lumens (I believe) on high. Has strobe, SOS, hi, med and low settings. I bought a cheap "Cree" light that looks exactly the same, but it came with a pressure switch. I'm into both lights for around $110. The Cree light is bright but the reflectors and optics aren't as good as the rigid. I'm using mine for nighttime predator hunting, the Rigid lights up a hillside a lot better!
    108a05d3653f0855b5c2bbbd9e12cc7e_zps3a09ded0.jpg

7. andreys21

Home defense setup; 850 lumens on a white wall at night will make you snowblind. 200-300 lumens is just enough.

8. Nickb

Nickb Moxee Active Member

You never said what you were using it for.

9. eldbillbo

eldbillbo clackamas New world samurai and a redneck none the less Bronze Supporter

just buy a fenix new its in your price range. I finally broke the clicker on mine by dropping it 2 stories onto concrete still works just have to twist the cap off and on. it took years of abuse prior to that many concrete drops working on cars, camping hunting jetty night fishing used as a hammer for light pounding pun intended.

10. Gusto

Gusto Tigard, Oregon Member

Pm sent