JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Waiting for the Ruger-Marlin 336's to become available locally.

(Would love to see it in 444, but may have to settle for another 30-30)

I heard they're no longer microgrooved; standard rifling, standard twist.

And still have the stoopid crossbolt safety ( but at least has a halfcock, so you you can ignore that stoop)id crossbolt

At least the rifle looks to be gloss blued instead of that flat black, bead blasted parkerizing that Remington did to cover-up their sloppy machining.

Got high hopes for the Ruger 336.

I Only own one Marlin, a pre crossbolt Golden 39A however I have occasionally looked at Remlins in LGSs over the years and had mixed emotions.

Some were pretty nice, very good fit and finish then some were, eh, so - so.

I kind of 'kicked around' the idea of buying one in .357 mag but never saw one and then stumbled on a Henry and at the time (2014) they were really hard to find so I bought it on the spot.

I saw several Remlins off and on in .45 Colt but never a .357.

I have owned JM Marlins from the 60's, the CL series in 32-20, Original 1894's, Remlin 336 in 35 rem (PO....) 1895 GBL and the new Ruger made.

Each has it's good and bad. The wife loves her 336 dark in 30-30- with the muffler on it. I am very partial to my new ruger/marlin trapper.

But honestly- buy at your own risk. I had a 444 that was completely worthless, a great single shot lever gun. A CB in 45-70 that I would still have if a good friend hadn't seen it!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top