JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I will contribute , it's your friends you have to motivate, and their friends and their friends friends.

Better to write a good letter and pass it through social media and get the thinking going our way. A real challenge with the government shadow banning our words but it's the way to reach the most people.

Sorry if I derailed the thread, I have lived a long time and see the outcome of our actions.
I agree that multiple avenues are required to get the point across. I do think that emails to legislators have an effect and are just as important as public letters. If you have ideas on how to get more 2A supporters involved and think they will contribute, please be open about those ideas. This forum is one of the broader audiences we have and I'll bet we have less than 100 emails sent by members here. If we could just get our membership to write and call, I believe it would make a difference.

I agree that multiple avenues are required to get the point across. I do think that emails to legislators have an effect and are just as important as public letters. If you have ideas on how to get more 2A supporters involved and think they will contribute, please be open about those ideas. This forum is one of the broader audiences we have and I'll bet we have less than 100 emails sent by members here. If we could just get our membership to write and call, I believe it would make a difference.
I have to be careful here because I see people in a different light than most do, old age makes me profile people.

So it's hard to pick and choose words because someone is always offended.

The goal as I see it is to motivate people who are not motivated to join an effort to secure our rights?

What has been the best motivation for the last couple of years has been fear.

Fear of crime motivates people, it's probably the only reason we have our rights now.

I believe an effort in bringing to light why folks need a gun in today's world is a good motivation.

The left is using crime as a reason to have gun controls so they are doing the work pushing crime to the public eye.

We should use those same crime reports to our advantage and build the fear to help our cause.

When a crime happens focus on the victims and their need for self protection.

Focus on the criminals history and governments inept dealing with criminals.

People will do insane things to save their lives if they are manipulated into believing propaganda. Millions got the jab because of peer pressure, propaganda and force. The jab is a lie and a proven failure.

It's a full court propaganda effort these days on gun controls, lies told with an emotional impact to get the herd to follow.

It worked with the jab, with Ukraine war and with 114. So to defeat the propaganda since folks follow like a herd, you need truth. Only truth defeats lies. The truth has to be motivational enough so the same emotions drive actions.

No single letter will do the job, it takes constant response to the propaganda with truth. Call the liars out but be informed and know what you are talking about. Build credibility.

I have a printout with contact info including email addresses and phone numbers for all our representatives. They are in MS Access and Excel format and also the CSV format from the state website. If anyone has suggestions as to how to make the lists easier to distribute, I'm willing to listen. We can't post those kind of files on the forum so I'm at a loss as to how to distribute them to others. Even if I put them in dropbox, people would still need individual permission to access so that doesn't work. Any other ideas?
Put it up on Googlesheets, which can be set for "anyone with link can read-only."

People will do insane things to save their lives if they are manipulated into believing propaganda. Millions got the jab because of peer pressure, propaganda and force. The jab is a lie and a proven failure.
Build credibility.
Longwalkhome,
If you think vaccines don't work and are a 'lie' you are a lost cause.
"Credibility" ? You've lost yours with that post.

A fine example of why so many gun owners are perceived as out on the fringe.

Seriously, the papers should be full of letters outraged that 114 even made the ballot, their should be demands for resignations because laws were broken. Why do you think nobody writes, it's because they don't care.

It's the culture but you could see it comming for decades. People are manipulated to not care and to let someone else do the work.

Honestly there is no blame at all, it's what our culture is today and it took decades of manipulation to get here.

You won't change things with a letter but a letter makes a man in his right mind feel good.
Do note that the letters that get published in "the papers" were chosen by the paper editors and are not necessarily representative of what they receive. And, on this issue, they are almost certainly picked to reflect the editor's opinion more often than not.

Further, letters to representatives and senators act as polling for them. As one answered when asked why he changed his vote, "I didn't see the light - I felt the heat!"

So let's keep their feet to the fire.

Years ago, the average election was won or lost by only 11 votes per precinct. That may no longer be the case but I've seen so many elections won or lost by tiny margins to not be sure to get my vote in. A friend of mine noted that a local election was sure to go the way he wanted and didn't see a need to vote, but did anyway. It passed, as he had wanted.. by one vote. One.

Do note that the letters that get published in "the papers" were chosen by the paper editors and are not necessarily representative of what they receive. And, on this issue, they are almost certainly picked to reflect the editor's opinion more often than not.

Further, letters to representatives and senators act as polling for them. As one answered when asked why he changed his vote, "I didn't see the light - I felt the heat!"

So let's keep their feet to the fire.

Years ago, the average election was won or lost by only 11 votes per precinct. That may no longer be the case but I've seen so many elections won or lost by tiny margins to not be sure to get my vote in. A friend of mine noted that a local election was sure to go the way he wanted and didn't see a need to vote, but did anyway. It passed, as he had wanted.. by one vote. One.
Over my long life span I have written tons of letters to politicians and news papers. I wrote letters during and after the 114 vote to the paper and got them printed. I was hated for my right wing pro 2nd letters and got hate mail delivered to my door. I wrote more letters.

Over the decades I wrote, marched and attended state house meetings to fight for our rights. Yet here we are with 114 voted through anyway. That won't stop me from writing letters. When I answer to my maker he will know I fought for our God given rights.

Have a good evening gents.

Last Edited:
I would like to know which swing district polls we should be focusing our letters to?
The election is over so implementation is in the hands of the legislature. As I've posted above, I would initially concentrate on the judiciary committee members since they're the ones that will be doing the initial changes and approvals of not only 114, but of all the anti-second amendment proposed bills.

From the other thread, https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/2023-gun-bills-dropped.437232/post-3482846, the bills mentioned have been assigned to their respective chamber judiciary committees.

I would also write your representatives personally and let them know your concerns regarding 114 and of the other proposed bills. It doesn't hurt to have a running dialogue with those that represent you directly.

House Judiciary Committee members:

LAST NAMEFIRST NAMEPartySESSION EMAILCapitol PhoneCommittee
AndersenTomD[email protected]503-986-1419VC Judiciary
BynumJanelleD[email protected]503-986-1451Judiciary
ChaichiFarrahD[email protected]503-986-1435Judiciary
ConradCharlieR[email protected]503-986-1412Judiciary
KropfJasonD[email protected]503-986-1454C Judiciary
LewisRickR[email protected]503-986-1418Judiciary
MorganLilyR[email protected]503-986-1403Judiciary
ReynoldsLisaD[email protected]503-986-1436Judiciary
TranThuyD[email protected]503-986-1445Judiciary
WallanKimR[email protected]503-986-1406VC Judiciary