JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Here's a shot. Suggestions ?

Dear Representative,

I am discouraged that immediately upon calling the 2023 session to order a plethora of bills have been filed to further restrict and criminalize the
citizens of this state. Using the 'emergency' clause for issues that have existed for decades is very disingenuous.
The intent is clearly to nullify citizens rights.
It is no wonder that more and more are questioning the results of our so called elections.
Why would anyone vote for someone who first looks to restrict their constituents constitutional rights upon taking office?
I would suggest you spend more time on mitigating the effects of this unprecedented inflation and the falling quality of life of the citizens of this state.

Vote no on any legislation that contains the emergency clause !

Better than doing or saying nothing, every time.
Yes and no. For example, this is purely an parallel and by no means the same.

Gun control and "common sense" laws, will keep inching, and to capitulate with ANY is just the start of slow progression. So when you have a debate with a gun control advocate, there is no reason to discuss because they use their feelings.

The same is true when trying to "convince" someone like Prozanski that criminals won't follow laws.

So in this instance, if you plan on writing a non-friendly legislator, keep in mind that they use feelings, and ANY hint of aggression will send your letter to recycling. But then again, they use their feels, so you're likely not going to change their mind one iota.

I have a printout with contact info including email addresses and phone numbers for all our representatives. They are in MS Access and Excel format and also the CSV format from the state website. If anyone has suggestions as to how to make the lists easier to distribute, I'm willing to listen. We can't post those kind of files on the forum so I'm at a loss as to how to distribute them to others. Even if I put them in dropbox, people would still need individual permission to access so that doesn't work. Any other ideas?

:) I am an old man and over the years I have written God knows how many letters to politicians and the newspapers over our gun rights. Guys that know me seem to agree with my letters to the paper but here we are after decades of letters still fighting for our God given enumerated rights.

What changed is the culture, people just don't care about the rights in our constitution. You see it everywhere everyday now where the majority just doesn't care.

The letters you write will make you feel good but it's like posting on the forums it's only for the folks who agree.

I have a printout with contact info including email addresses and phone numbers for all our representatives. They are in MS Access and Excel format and also the CSV format from the state website. If anyone has suggestions as to how to make the lists easier to distribute, I'm willing to listen. We can't post those kind of files on the forum so I'm at a loss as to how to distribute them to others. Even if I put them in dropbox, people would still need individual permission to access so that doesn't work. Any other ideas?
Your're welcome to re-post them here.

Yes and no. For example, this is purely an parallel and by no means the same.

Gun control and "common sense" laws, will keep inching, and to capitulate with ANY is just the start of slow progression. So when you have a debate with a gun control advocate, there is no reason to discuss because they use their feelings.

The same is true when trying to "convince" someone like Prozanski that criminals won't follow laws.

So in this instance, if you plan on writing a non-friendly legislator, keep in mind that they use feelings, and ANY hint of aggression will send your letter to recycling. But then again, they use their feels, so you're likely not going to change their mind one iota.
Well criticism is ok too. However looking for suggestions . Write something, let's work together on this.

:) I am an old man and over the years I have written God knows how many letters to politicians and the newspapers over our gun rights. Guys that know me seem to agree with my letters to the paper but here we are after decades of letters still fighting for our God given enumerated rights.

What changed is the culture, people just don't care about the rights in our constitution. You see it everywhere everyday now where the majority just doesn't care.

The letters you write will make you feel good but it's like posting on the forums it's only for the folks who agree.
C'ome on man.. Don't give up.

It's a bit aggressive, and will get ignored after the first paragraph (if they even read that far).
Your emails are rarely read by the representatives themselves. Instead, staffers open them and typically log a yes or a no to certain topics. Your point needs to be summarized in the first sentence and preferably in the subject line. You can certainly expand your arguments but be aware that they aren't going to read a dissertation.

Call and email ALL representatives. If you fail to do so, the anti's can legitimately say they they heard very little opposition to any particular bill.

For now, I would concentrate on committee members. For example, we know that the senate judiciary committee will be one of the first to rewrite measure 114. Yes, that's correct, measure 114 will be rewritten by he legislature. They essentially have cart blanc authority to rewrite it anyway they wish, even if specific sections are being argued in court.

Constituents are like the customers of their representatives. The representatives only need to serve a simple majority of their customers to stay in business.

How many of our representatives have close to 50% of their customers who are unhappy? My guess is not many.

Edit: I'm not trying to sound like a defeatist but I would like to see our limited efforts focused on the representatives that have closer to a 50/50 mix of constituents. Any suggestions on who those representatives are?

Last Edited:
Here's a cut and past of email addresses from another group:

Keep this list of addresses below on your computer :)
they all seem to be working as none kicked back on me. ( I tested it).

ONLY THING I WORRY ABOUT IS... other day I emailed a business and BCC a contact of mine (that email said it was not good) I sent him another non BCC'd with my other contact and it sent.
Software stuff may screw us up sending all the legislators BCC emails and addressing them Generically. But I just sent emails to all except David Brock Smith. He could be a Senator and then we add another Rep to his seat and these lists are ready to go.

For those in this email who haven't done this (let me explain).
In 2015 the legislators got so many emails over SB941 it crippled the offices...
In 2019 over horrid legislation we did it again... and twice showed up in protest of legislation and killed a lot of bad legislation in the 2 biggest public addresses in the history of the Oregon Legislature :) IF THEY WILL NOT WORK FOR US... WE WILL JUST BOG THEM DOWN.
Cussing in emails and being nasty will get you blocked... and your opinion will not be noted by the legislative aid or sent to the legislator (yes best I know they all keep tallies).
This will be short emails... like I support SJR 3 (Art Robinson sponsored)... that is all you have to say, because you just overloading legislative staff and being heard :)
After Jan 17th... you will get emails from me on targeted legislation.
March 27th we will be going to a hopefully huge rally... it is a Monday (more later)
Mark
==============================================================

When you copy Paste these emails in a BCC email they self identify (they are in groups so we can target House or Senate and by Party). (just copy paste the email addresses when you email them) :)

Senate Republicans and Independents. 2023 session.

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
Add Dallas replacement Here
=====================================
Democrat Senators 2023 session
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
=========================================

HOUSE DEMOCRAT'S 2023 session
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

=======================================
House Republican's 2023 session

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

[email protected]
may need to change David seat soon as he is going Senate

C'ome on man.. Don't give up.
They say it's insanity to do the same thing over and over expecting a different outcome. 70 years of insanity here.

It's not the politicians that need to change, it's the people who change the politicians.

Politicians don't tcare about people's rights, all they want is money and power and more money.

You can't write enough letters to change them nor can you write enough letters to change the culture.

The MSM, social media and the websites all have the power over the culture, speech is managed so your words are blocked and only what is acceptable can be said.

I still write letters to the paper and get them printed but it's just for me. If people cared the papers would be full of letters but they are not.

They say it's insanity to do the same thing over and over expecting a different outcome. 70 years of insanity here.
Who's to say that the outcome wasn't changed by your participation? We're in the same age category and surely you've watched It's a Wonderful Life. What's your alternative ? Couple more booster shots of genocide ?

Seriously, the papers should be full of letters outraged that 114 even made the ballot, their should be demands for resignations because laws were broken. Why do you think nobody writes, it's because they don't care.

It's the culture but you could see it comming for decades. People are manipulated to not care and to let someone else do the work.

Honestly there is no blame at all, it's what our culture is today and it took decades of manipulation to get here.

You won't change things with a letter but a letter makes a man in his right mind feel good.

Who's to say that the outcome wasn't changed by your participation? We're in the same age category and surely you've watched It's a Wonderful Life. What's your alternative ? Couple more booster shots of genocide ?
The jab is what shows first hand what the culture has become. Weigh that thought for what it's worth.

If you don't want to contribute, please don't discourage others or just throw something in here to derail the thread. If you have a recommendation for email topics or a sample email, feel free to post. If you just sent off a group email to xyz about abc topic, by all means, let us know. If you just made 10 phone calls and either spoke to someone or left a voicemail, let people know. Otherwise, please, please let this be a worthwhile thread.

I don't read "papers" any more. I've had enough of false prophets. Twice ( decades ago) I've written The Oregonian, both times the article was severely edited to distort the meaning, not for brevity, then spammed with contra articles surrounding it as if I was the only one with an opposing opinion.
When the owner of the print has personal agendas you'll not get a fair hearing. But you are welcome to believe otherwise.

There is a sticky above that has contact info.

There is a sticky above that has contact info.

Did not have contact information for 2023 session. It's updated now.

If you don't want to contribute, please don't discourage others or just throw something in here to derail the thread. If you have a recommendation for email topics or a sample email, feel free to post. If you just sent off a group email to xyz about abc topic, by all means, let us know. If you just made 10 phone calls and either spoke to someone or left a voicemail, let people know. Otherwise, please, please let this be a worthwhile thread.
I will contribute , it's your friends you have to motivate, and their friends and their friends friends.

Better to write a good letter and pass it through social media and get the thinking going our way. A real challenge with the government shadow banning our words but it's the way to reach the most people.

Sorry if I derailed the thread, I have lived a long time and see the outcome of our actions.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top