JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am, as the whole nation and the world, are heartbroken.My heart aches for the survivors. Many "if only" thoughts arise when tragic things happen, and many knee jerk quick fix solutions offered. Given time for cooler heads to prevail I am sure you and the legislature will come to a conclusion I have.

With 250 million firearms in circulation and a plethora of existing state and federal gun laws in place further gun control is only political grandstanding.My point of view is if you want to know why these things happen at the hands of deranged people, look back to the Reagan administration. Cutbacks at that time and decisions made by government administrators, signed off on by the White house, allowed for the release of thousands of mental patients onto the streets. As long as they were deemed "not to be a danger" at the time, they were discharged. Discharged to fend for themselves, neglect medication, in many cases live on the streets. These cuts and others still stand, easy to cut the budgets of people who cannot complain. Through this lack of regular medication many of them turned from being "not a danger" to something entirely different. Time and time again when left to medicate themselves these mentally ill people simply will choose not to.

Let us please look at a society that allows it's mentally unstable and dangerous to walk among them.

I am, as the whole nation and the world, are heartbroken.My heart aches for the survivors. Many "if only" thoughts arise when tragic things happen, and many knee jerk quick fix solutions offered. Given time for cooler heads to prevail I am sure you and the legislature will come to a conclusion I have.

With 250 million firearms in circulation and a plethora of existing state and federal gun laws in place further gun control is only political grandstanding.My point of view is if you want to know why these things happen at the hands of deranged people, look back to the Reagan administration. Cutbacks at that time and decisions made by government administrators, signed off on by the White house, allowed for the release of thousands of mental patients onto the streets. As long as they were deemed "not to be a danger" at the time, they were discharged. Discharged to fend for themselves, neglect medication, in many cases live on the streets. Through this lack of regular medication many of them turned from being "not a danger" to something entirely different. Time and time again when left to medicate themselves these mentally ill people simply will choose not to.

Let us please look at a society that allows it's mentally unstable and dangerous to walk among them.

This is excellent! And so is this article from the nation's largest nurses union:
<broken link removed>

MikeE: I was not aware of the article, but I am aware of the situation. Mental health seems to be an easy budget victim, only wish these legislatures would think of the consequences before acting, Thank You.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top