JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have all kind of handguns. But the CZ52 with it's roller locking design is just cool.
And it's 7.62x25 round is fast.

Also a handgun made in 1952 with a decocker must be one of the first to have this feature?

Can you see how it works? ;) DSCN4823.JPG DSCN4824.JPG DSCN4829.JPG DSCN4831.JPG

Last Edited:
The internals remind me of my HK P9s pistols.
These make for a great suppressor host, especially if you can find a 9×19mm Parabellum conversion barrel.

I have all kind of handguns. But the CZ52 with it's roller locking design is just cool.
And it's 7.62x25 round is fast.
Also a handgun made in 1952 with a decocker must be one of the first to have this feature?
Can you see how it works? ;)

Arghhhhh thanks allot, just when I have forgot about the CZ52 for a couple weeks someone brings it up. They are awesome little pistols. Roller lock is very stout and reliable!

Now I want again and am going to spend the evening looking at them on gunbroker.com

As for the first decocker, nope. Look at the Walther P38 came out in 1938, it has a very reliable decock mechanism, until folks dry dire the snot out of them and break part of the safety assembly off. Im sure if I look a little there is an older pistol with a de;)cock on it.
Just like striker fired pistols, its a design that has been around for 100 years, Mauser used it allot.

As for the first decocker, nope. Look at the Walther P38 came out in 1938;it has a very reliable decock mechanism until folks dry fire the snot out of them and break part of the safety assembly off. I'm sure if I look a little there is an older pistol with a decock on it.;)
Just like striker fired pistols, its a design that has been around for 100 years, Mauser used it allot.

Don't forget the falling block which made its way to the Beretta 92

How's that for nerd?

I have one of these and it is a great shooter. The only mods I did was putting in a machined firing pin since the original cast pin is very brittle, new hardened steel rollers and replaced the 13LB spring with a 20LB spring in the slide which made it a very reliable carry pistol. Never had a problem with it in the 10 years I have had it so far.

cz firing.jpg

As for the first decocker, nope. Look at the Walther P38 came out in 1938, it has a very reliable decock mechanism

Vis 35 Radom. Beat the P38 by a couple of years.

If you want to go back a bit further--The Robbins and Lawrence pepperbox had a
de-cocker around 1851.

If you look real hard maybe you can find .30 Tok with JHP. I really wish there was more info on how it works with JHP in the Real World, ala Elefritz and Marshall/Sanow. That would be the ultimate in the velocity vs. mass debate.

Very forward thinking and Euro trendy looking, like Inspector Clouseau meets the Jetson's. I wouldn't want to get shot by it though.

The .30 Tok came along while Stalin was cranking up The Terror. It was designed to shoot through the heavy felt winter clothes commonly worn by the Enemies of The State (and everybody else. Felt is cheaper to make than woven wool.) and inflict a wound that would be disabling (at the least) and require medical treatment. Thus, anybody who got shot and escaped could be arrested when they sought medical treatment.
Russian/Combloc handguns were/are carried with a different rationale from that here in the West. Our officers carry a handgun primarily to engage the enemy. Their officers carried a handgun primarily to deal with shirkers and potential mutineers. An army of sullen conscripts may occasionally lack the required motivation to follow orders likely to result in certain death (like charging a well defended position), so popping one of them in the head can do wonders for stirring up enthusiasm among the rest for engaging the enemy.

Last Edited:
I love those little CZ52s and have a soft spot for 7.62 Tokarev. Even have an AR chambered in tokarev.

The roller lock is a really cool design that I'm sad isn't more widely used. It's actually a truck roller lock, like a MG42, and not a blowback gun that uses rollers to delay like the HK guns do.

I've heard rumors about the meanings of the dimples on the slide and barrel. Some say it's a mark of accuracy and other say it's just QC testing for material hardness.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top