JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What does everybody think of the Lee loadmaster for 9mm and 223, are the primer problems I've heard about still a problem? Thanks
Matt

I don't have many issues with mine. When they changed primer trays to the triangular design it helped eliminate some/most of the issues. I don't recall many primer issues with mine if any.

I don't use mine for .223 but it was last used for 9mm and 40 about a year ago when I ran 1K batches of each that I'm still shooting.

My biggest pain press was the Lee Pro1000, my favorite is the classic cast turret, it sees 90% of my press use.

It depends on how much you plan to load on them. If you only shoot a thousand rounds or so a year they are a ok option. If you shoot more than about 3k a year I would go with Dillon and save yourself the headache.

I never had any issues with priming on my loadmaster in fact I have more primer issues with my 650. The issue with the loadmaster is that the indexing system is a nightmare.

I don't load 9mms but I do load 300 blackout and a variety of pistol calibers. I have two loadmasters, one set up for small primers and the other for large primers. I have never had a priming problem, other than not paying attention and running out of them. There's a group on Facebook and their also on MEWE , called Lee reloading and casting, something like that, great bunch of guys, you can get help and lots of tips and tricks to keep your loadmaster running good.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top